Friday, July 12, 2013

iHOP and Kabila...




I was able to try some somewhat new restaus on my recent trip - iHOP at Bonifacio Global City and Kabila in Makati, which is right beside Museum Cafe.

Even before the plane left Changi the previous night, Tey, Moneigh and I were already discussing where to have breakkie. Hehe! I was thinking of having a Filipino breakfast such as the usual tosilog, tapsilog and other silogs, but the girls suggested iHOP.

Since I've been reading about the pancake place and I'm curious to find out what all the fuss is about, we agreed to go there. Moneigh picked up me and Tey around 7. The jam going to Makati was starting to get heavy. Luckily, we were going the other way. We reached iHOP in less than 30 minutes.

We didn't have any difficulty getting a table since it was a weekday and it was still quite early.

As expected, there were a lot of choices on the menu. It took some time going through the items. In the end, I settled for one of the platters that had everything. Hehe! That's the best way to go. Moneigh also ordered two types of pancakes for us to try.

Uhm, I have to say I didn't find anything spectacular about the food. The one thing I really liked was the hash brown. As for the pancakes, I think I like the ones from Pancake House.

Kabila, on the other hand, was a very enjoyable dining experience. The restau serves very good Filipino dishes. If you enjoy Sentro or Fely J's, you'll definitely love Kabila. Make sure to ask for the Kabila menu since you might get Museum Cafe menu.

Similar to iHOP, I had difficulty deciding what to order since almost all the items on the menu were calling my name. Hehe! In the end, we ordered Fried Kangkong Crisps, Ensaladang Kabila, Grilled Gulay with Bagoong and Salted Egg, Kabila's Pork Bagnet, and Tinola-flavored Rice!

The dishes were all quite enjoyable! I wish the bagnet was crunchier, but it was still yum. I also liked the kangkong crisps a lot.

I liked Kabila a lot that I suggested to my former colleague CJ that we meet there the following day for merienda. Hehe! For merienda, we shared the Guinataang Bilo Bilo and a very sinful slice of Chocnut Valrhona. Hehe!

Will definitely try this restau again.

IHOP Philippines
W Global Center, 30th St. corner 9th Avenue
Bonifacio Global City
Phone: 808 9589

Kabila
Ayala Museum Complex, Makati Avenue
corner Dela Rosa St., Makati City
Phone: 757-3000 or 757-6000
Web: http://www.raintreerestaurants.com/kabila.html

No comments:

Post a Comment