Monday, July 22, 2013

Afternoon with the Dragon Divas...



Tipz invited me to watch the Dragon Divas competition yesterday afternoon.

Dragon Divas is a competition among a group of international dragon boat associations in which the guy members go drag and perform.

I'm not exacttly sure what the purpose of the event is though. Hehe!

But anyway, I agreed to go with him to the event since I haven't seen him since he got back from his UK and Manila trips.

We agreed to meet up at Kallang MRT and from there, walk to the Kallang Riverside Park where the event was held.

Seven groups participated in this year's Dragon Divas - Japan, Germany, US, Canada, UK, Ireland and of course, the Philippines.

Of the seven performances, I have to say that I enjoyed the Japanese performance the most.

To me, the group was the one that was most organized, most prepared and with the most creative and most original presentation. I know. A lot of "mosts" in that stament.

But it's true though.

The Okinawa Dragons was the only team that really understood what it meant to go drag.

While the performances of the other teams were also entertaining, my vote really went to the Japanese team.

As for the Philippine team, I was expecting more especially after seeing photos from last year's competition (in which Tipz performed). I wonder what happened.

In any case, it was a good Saturday afternoon activity.

Thanks mucho, Tipz, for the invitation. Thanks as well for the pasalubongs from the UK and from the Philippines.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like fun. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. till next year! ;-) hahaha you like rice kasi! jk! i think the Filipino team lacked overall teamwork in terms of group presentation since by individual or groups of 3 lang yung wow hehe. fun afternoon and evening friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! May laman, friend! :P Thanks again, friend! :)

      Delete