Thursday, September 26, 2013

Rainbow Boys...





Before Love of Siam, there was Right by Me.

Last night, I finally stumbled upon the movie on Daily Motion. Hehe. The movie was chopped into 7 parts, but it's okay. The important thing is I was finally able to watch it.

Right by Me is also known as Rainbow Boys. It's a Thai movie released in 2005 based on the novel Rainbow Boys by Alex Sanchez. Alex Sanchez is one of my fave LGBT writers and Rainbow Boys is the first of a trilogy. (The other two are Rainbow High and Rainbow Road.)

I first read Rainbow Boys in 2002 or 2003. After that, I was hooked. I couldn't wait to get hold of the other two titles.

Rainbow Boys is about Kyle, Jason and Nelson. Right by Me is about Ek, Tat and Nat.

The story begins when Tat and Nat are surprised to see Ek - the supposedly straight hunky basketball superstar of their high school - at an LGBT gathering. The events that follow are a mix of happy and not-so-happy events. What I really liked about the book and the movie is the story of Ek and Tat/Kyle and Jason.

At the age of 30 something (lol!), I'm glad I still get all cheesy and mushy. I dunno if it's a good thing or a bad thing. Haha!

All I'm sure of is I looove it that I finally found a copy of the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment