Monday, September 2, 2013

Sunday brunch at The Loft...



After hearing the 930AM Mass at the church nearest to PG Boy's place, I headed to Chinatown to meet up with Chris and MkSurf8 for brunch.

MkSurf8 joined the SAFRA Army Half Marathon earlier and he asked if any of us would like to go for brunch. Ian also went for the run and we invited him to brunch as well but he was too tired and sleepy. Tipz, on the other hand, already made plans.

So, it was just the usual suspects - MkSurf8, Chris and me. Hehe!

MkSurf8 suggested we all go to The Loft at Smith St. It seems like it's the one that's central to all of us. Plus, I've never tried out the place though I've seen it a couple of times when I was in Chinatown.

I dunno if it was because it was a Sunday and there was a run, or because Smith St. was closed to traffic or if it was about to rain, but there was no queue at the cafe. That never happens!!! Hehe!

MkSurf8 and Chris were already comfortably seated by the window by the time I arrived. It was hard to believe that there was no queue and that the place wasn't packed at all. I wonder if it's always like that.

Anyway, I actually enjoyed the food. I ordered the Farmer's Omelette and I was happy with it. I particularly liked the toast. Hehe! I wonder how they made it taste that way.

Since the place wasn't crowded, the three of us were able to stay and hang out for a few hours and just talked and talked and talked. It was really good! I haven't been able to hang out with the guys lately so I'm really glad we got to do the brunch.

Good Sunday morning. :)

The Loft Cafe
268A South Bridge Road, S(058817)
(+65) 6221 2103
Mon: 9am - 3pm
Tue - Sun: 9am - 10pm
www.theloft.com.sg

No comments:

Post a Comment