Thursday, September 19, 2013

Anonymous cafe... hehe...



Tuesday night I had dinner with Tipz, Chris and MkSurf8.

Chris said Tipz invited to dinner. Tipz said Chris invited to dinner. Lol!

In any case, it's always nice seeing these guys. Ian was also invited but he was busy with work.

The dinner place was one of the cafes in the Bugis area.

I've heard of the place. One of my colleagues who also likes trying out new brunch places reco'd the place a long time ago.

The place shall not be named because I don't want the two to five people who read my blog (!!!) to have a bad impression of the place.

It is a good place. However, I feel that the food is quite overpriced. I got the eggs benny plate and it was $23. Add to that the 17% tax and you do the math. Haha!

I was telling another friend that maybe it's because the food pricing includes some sort of invisible "entrance fee" to the place.

After all, the cafe does have that very nice indie/arts vibe to it. There are several art pieces on display and some are for sale. Add to that the fact that the wait staff are friendly/attentive.

Other than the pricing, it is a place worth going to. But then again, I don't plan to say the name of the cafe. Haha!

I have to admit. Making the journey to the city on a work night is somewhat of a challenge for me. I get a bit lazy and if it were up to me, I'd like to be zzz-ing by 1130. Haha! Old age, you think? Hehe!

90% of the time, the spirit triumphs over the body (or is it the body over the spirit? Haha!) and I do make the journey. I dun get to see the guys that often so every opportunity must be seized. Haha!

Very happy Tuesday night it was. =)

2 comments:

  1. nice Assymetrical shot of the food and menu (*wink wink*) haha was nice seeing you guys again! next time ikaw na mag invite hahaha. initially planned livingreens in arab street based on tripadvisor but thought it might be closed already hahaha since no website or whatnot! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, friend! hahaha! true, true. ;) it's always nice to hohol with you guys. must try that living greens.there's also maison ikkoku near the malay heritage centre. that area has a nice row of old shophouses. :)

    ReplyDelete