Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Princely Treasures from the House of Liechtenstein.... again...



I visited the Princely Treasures from the House of Liechtenstein exhibit for a second time over the weekend.

Since I had some free time before my meeting at 4PM, I asked PG Boy if he wanted to join the 230PM guided tour of the exhibit.

After having lunch at the Food for Thought cafe at the ground level of the museum, PG Boy and I headed to the basement level to head to the exhibit. We were both lucky because it was open house that day. Whooppee! And perhaps because the Open House announcement was a bit late, there weren't as many people at the gallery. Another yay! Hehe!

The first time I visited the exhibit, I joined the guided tour given by my fellow guide Belinda. This time, PG Boy and I joined the guided tour given by another fellow guide Elizabeth.

If there's one thing I can assure you, each tour is a different experience. That's why I didn't mind attending a guided tour again. Also, I wanted to see how Elizabeth will do the tour so that I can pick up some guiding tips and techniques as well.

Though it's my second time to visit the exhibit, I still thoroughly enjoyed it. Like I said, it's because every tour is a different experience. Hehe!

I already have a few favourite portraits from the art pieces on display but the ones I cannot really get enough of are the two huge tapestries! When I think about how laborious it must have been to create such pieces, I am just left in astonishment. I wonder there are still weavers of that skill and expertise alive today.

"Princely Treasures: From the House of Liechtenstein" is ongoing at the National Museum of Singapore until 29 Sep 2013. Some 90 pieces from the Liechtenstein Collections featuring works of art by European masters are on display.

Do go visit because when would be your next chance to be in the midst of a Rubens, a Rembrandt or a Raphael, right?

I am planning to go a third time. For the third time though, I will not be joining any tour. I will just take my time to admire the pieces, which I think will take me hours!

Princely Treasures: From the House of Liechtenstein
27 Jun - 29 Sep 2013
National Museum of Singapore
93 Stamford Road
Singapore 178897
Opening hours: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. daily.
Admission: $10 per adult

No comments:

Post a Comment