Wednesday, November 27, 2013

IC-less for a few days....


I surrendered my current work pass identity card to HR yesterday.

In return, I got this letter from the Ministry of Manpower. As stated in the letter, I'm supposed to keep this notification letter until I receive the new work pass IC hopefully next week.

It's kind of amusing how a single peace of paper carries a lot of power. Hehe. Between now and until I get the new IC, I think I have to carry around this paper with me as proof that I am allowed to live and work in Singapore. Hehe.

Another two years starting soon. The next two years are kind of critical. It is a period that needs to be put to good use for making long term plans.

The first two years that I was here were more of a "Oh, I'm just going to enjoy my time here. Have fun and so on." The third year is sort of the wakeup call. And now that another two years are about to begin, I feel that the coming two years need to be played right.

In two years, I'm nearing 40. Wtf! LOL! How did that happen?

Anyway, I should sit down and start planning as soon as the new IC arrives. It'll be my reminder that the hourglass has been turned over.

3 comments:

  1. lets go to europe next year!!!! :) #random

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! why not?! :P MAS has an ongoing sale. check it out. :P

      Delete
    2. MAS? oh malaysian airlines? hahaha i thought you were talking about Monetary Authority of Singapore...not sure yet but i want to go on april!

      Delete