Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I'll be back, Basilico....





As mentioned in my previous post, part of the post-two year celebration included a buffet lunch at Basilico at Regent Hotel.

I found out about the place from a work team mate who also likes to explore the island for nice and unique food places. We usually exchange info on new brunch places we've tried but there was one instance when I asked her about a buffet place. She excitedly recommended Basilico which is one of the restaurants in Regent Hotel in Tanglin.

Tanglin area is one location I dun really get to explore. It's out of the way and it's quite far from my place and from PG Boy's place. I do know that the area is a place to head to if one wants to escape from the maddening crowds of Orchard. Haha!

Back to Basilico, I went online as well to read reviews. Having read mostly positive reviews, I decided to go ahead and reserve a table for me and PG Boy via Chope.com.sg.

After the lunch last Saturday, here are five reasons why I would recommend Basilico to a friend and why I will definitely visit again.

1.) Location: Like I said earlier, it's far from the craziness of the city centre. Even if Tanglin is still in the city area, you wouldn't be stressed by the volume of the crowd. The hotel itself is also impressive! There is the wow factor as soon as you enter the lobby. It's not very surprising though given that Regent Hotel is a Four Seasons Hotel. I loved that the hotel lobby was very relaxed. It was the complete opposite of Marina Bay Sands, which is like a marketplace. LOL!

2.) Friendly staff: Two hours before our reservation time, I called Basilico just to confirm that my reservation via Chope was reservation. I spoke to a very nice lady who assured me that PG Boy and I will have our spot. She also reminded me about the request I made for a small slice of cake because we were celebrating. Stupid me. I told her it was for a birthday. I wonder why I didn't just tell her it was for an anniversary.

When we arrived at the venue, we were about 15 minutes early but the friendly staff behind the reception were all smiles and nicely asked us as well as other dining guests to wait a bit since the restau opens at 12 noon and they were still preparing the place. I also loved how the lady asked if I was Angelo. It's either she was the one who picked up my call or I was the only Filipino who made a reservation. LOL!

3.) Restau interiors: The setup of restaurant itself was elegant but not snobbish at all. I didn't feel the need to arrive at the restau in a suit. LOL! Most of the other diners were in their relaxed Saturday brunch attire. The place could probably seat about 100 people (but that's just a guess). The buffet spread is located just after you enter the restau. It excites guests immediately and makes your eyes do a quick scan of the sumptuous offerings.

PG Boy and I were led to one of the more private areas. I loved that we were given a somewhat quiet and private location.

4.) Food: Oh my gosh! I have nothing but good words for the food. Basilico is an Italian buffet restaurant and if you're a lover of Italian cuisine, then this is the buffet place to visit. The antipasti section was heaven! A lot of choices to choose from. I loved that even though there were many choices, it doesn't overwhelm guests. You can go around and have a little bit of everything and still have room for dessert. I definitely enjoyed everything from the appetiser to the mains to the dessert.

5.) Price: For Saturday brunch, the price for the buffet alone was $54. If you want free flow drinks, it's $68 if I remember correctly. And if you want free flow prosecco or wine, it's $128. With the fantastic buffet, $54 plus tax and service was a small amount to pay. The place doesn't burn a hole in your pocket. Hehe!

Basilico Restaurant
1 Cuscaden Road
Level 2 The Regent Singapore
Tel: +65 6725 3232

No comments:

Post a Comment