Wednesday, November 20, 2013

We're moving... again...



We're moving.

Well, not me. Just PG Boy. After a year of living in faraway Tampines, he's now moving to Boon Keng area. It's closer to the city. And I guess it's easier for me because the Purple Line is connected to Dhoby Ghaut. It'll be easier now to go to the museum on weekend.

Hmm, I don't really like moving. I don't really like to move. LOL! I was actually telling PG Boy that I'm more attached to his neighbourhood in Tampines than he is.

Though it's only been a year, I've loved so many food places in his neighbourhood. My favorite prata in the island is right next to his block. The glass noodles at one of the kopitiams is our fave. The claypot chicken rice in another kopitiam is also awesome. The fact that it's only $4(!!!) makes it even greater. Haha!

Plus, PG Boy and I have been kinda friends with the Aunties at our usual breakkie place. I guess it's easy for them to remember me since I'm the only Filipino who most probably goes there for breakkie. (Actually, I dun see a lot of Filipinos in the current neighbourhood.) We're also chummy with the duo who sells pancakes in one of the kopitiams. They dunno we call them Pancake Ladies though. Hehe!

Then there's that awesome bakery which sells really good buns for only $0.99! Seriously! I've never met anyone who didn't love the stuff from that bakery.

Apart from the food, I also love the area because Bedok Reservoir is a very short distance away from the house. Then, there's the fact that the Church of the Holy Trinity has also become a fave because of its 645AM Mass. I even know my seatmates.

See, there are so many reasons why I'm attached to this part of Tampines.

I guess the main good thing about moving to Boon Keng is that it'll be a new area to explore. But still, I dun like moving. Once I've found a place I can call home, I like to stay there. That is one reason why I dun leave my place in the NorthWest. Though it's soooo far away, I really feel that I've been blessed with a vgood home/housemate/landlord! Oh well! The coming weekend is packing/moving day.

I hope the next big move will be moving to.... hahahah! Tipz? Hahaha!

2 comments:

  1. hahaha friendship! move down under! hahaha sentosa! jk. ;)
    i can't believe you didnt mention Ikea tampines! that's one of my favorite places when i lived in block 720 (not sure you know where that is). or the 3 malls clustered around the bus interchange and mrt haha you wont miss it for long since you're much close to the city!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL @ Sentosa! :) Oh, yeah! Ikea!!! Hahaha! :D I didn't know you stayed in Tampines before. Friend, sorry I dun like the area with the three malls. Too crowded. LOL! :D

      Delete