Thursday, November 7, 2013

We are family...



A few weeks ago, I was invited by one of the groups I volunteer with to share about the LGBT life in the Philippines.

The group has a program whereby AJs from different countries talk about what it's like to grow up homo in their home country.

For the first session, the featured country was Malaysia. I missed that one.

Going to my session, we were a small group of 10 people. It was just right though because it allowed a dynamic discussion among the participants.

I prepared a Powerpoint presentation and a number of videoclips to accompany my sharing.

The participants enjoyed the videos on the Ad Congress, the Pond's TVC and the trailer of Thank You Girls! Hehe!

Bulk of what I shared had to do with the media's role in raising awareness about the LGBT community.

It was a good two hour discussion. Obviously, it was a huge challenge to talk about everything given how rich and how colourful the Philippine LGBT community is. That's why I started my sharing with a disclaimer that I was only sharing about what I know and what I experienced. Hehe!

I'm glad that the participants gave good feedback about the talk and the presentation.

The next one after the Philippines is China. That should be interesting. I hope to be able to attend that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment