Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Late 2-year celeb...




Last Saturday, I surprised PG Boy with a very late anniversary celebration. Hehe!

The celebration was almost a month late because he was on hols in Europe. When he came back, the weeks that followed were busy ones for me.

2 November was the soonest date that we were both available.

I had some sort of theme for the celebration. It was Euro/Manila in a day. LOL!

First, I printed out three boarding passes with complete details. One was Singapore - Italy. The next one was Italy - Paris. The last one was Paris - Manila.

After we had our breakkie last Saturday, I just told him to get dressed because I'm taking him to lunch. From his place, we took bus 518 to reach Orchard. From Orchard, we had to take another bus to bring us to Cuscaden.

Upon arrival at the Regent Hotel, I brought out the first boarding pass and gave it to him. I basically explained to him the theme I planned.

Afterwards, I led him to the second level of the hotel and headed to Basilico, an Italian buffet place. I'll write about Basilico in more detail in another post.

For this post, all I can say is that Basilico was a wonderful dining experience. PG Boy and I loved everything - from the hotel itself, to the restau, to the spread, to the staff, to the ambience, to the food itself. At $54 per pax (excluding drinks and taxes), it was a very good deal. We definitely want to go back again.

Full from lunch, we left Regent Hotel and I led PG Boy to the bus stop just across St. Regis. He suggested that we just walk all the way to Orchard since we were stuffed. That's when I brought out the second boarding pass - Italy to Paris. Hehe!

The destination for this was much more obvious. We headed for Bras Basah to go to the Pinacotheque exhibit at Fort Canning. Earlier, we were in a serious discussion over Abstract art. Haha! I was trying to get him to understand a point. He was trying to get me to understand his point. In the end, we just agreed to have a ceasefire since it was like discussing religion with another good friend. LOL!

It was a good decision to visit Pinacotheque. As I readied my wallet to pay for our tickets, the guy behind the counter (who still remembers me from my first visit to the exhibit with Tipz) asked if we were PAssion Card members. Luckily, PG Boy and I are both members so we got in for free. Yay!

He liked the Rembrandt. I liked the Rothko. I attempted to explain to him again my thoughts on Abstract art, but it was prolly best to not pursue it anymore. Hehe.

The last surprise for him was a bit delayed. I only gave the surprise along with the Italy to Manila boarding pass yesterday before he went to work. I bought us a pair of matching bracelets and a card with one of my drawings. Haha! I left it in the pocket of the shirt he was going to wear to work to surprise him. Haha.

It was a simple but a good 2nd year celebration, I think.

3 comments:

  1. that was no simple celebration! hahaha it was meticulously planned and executed! hahaha! yay to <3!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! :) friend, parang kulang sa production effort kaya i thought of it as a simple celeb. lang. hahaha! :)

      Delete
    2. hahaha! closed door production fire works! :)))

      Delete