Monday, May 18, 2015

Busy Sunday but not as tiring as Saturday...




Saturday was very packed with activities, very tiring and left me very much wanting my bed by the day ended. Sunday was equally packed with activities but without the fatigue. Hehe!

Thanks to 7 hours of sleep, I managed to still wake up early. Around 630AM, if I remember correctly. I wanted to hit the gym to do cardio. Instead, I decided to go for a run at the nearby park connector. It was rather late when I stepped out of the house, around 8AM. The sun was already high up and it was starting to get really hot. There were still quite a number of joggers, cyclists who were going for their morning fitness activity. I was quite happy with my run. I managed to finish a full 5K without any stops. The pace was also good, I thought, for someone who rarely runs.

I finished my run and reached my house a little after 9AM. I decided to not have breakkie since I was meeting a friend for lunch. Instead, I just settled for iced Milo that I made myself. Hehe!

Close to 11, I left the house. First stop was Chili's. Good thing my friend agreed to have lunch at Chili's. I didn't mind eating at the food court at Tanglin Mall. However, I do try to eat better during weekends. Since I had a wonderful dinner last Saturday at Sakunthala, I was happy that the "eat well" weekend continued the day after.

From Tanglin Mall, we walked over to St. Regis. The first time I went to St. Regis was during @RKGreg's birthday bash a few months ago. The lobby was already impressive, but what I really found jaw-dropping was the art pieces showcase at the hotel's lobby. I couldn't resist taking photos. This time, I went back to take photos of the art pieces as part of training for museum guiding. My groupmates wanted to practice "guiding" using the art pieces at St. Regis as an example. I volunteered to go to St. Regis to take the photos.

I completely enjoyed myself as I was able to spend quite some time with the pieces. I took photos of 2 works by Cheong Soo Pieng, 2 works by Chen Wen Hsi, 1 piece by Liu Kang, 1 piece by Georgette Chen. These are the superstars of early Singapore art scene. I also took photos by works of second-gen artists such as Ong Kim Seng, Eng Tow, Chua Ek Kay, and Chen Kezhan. I was definitely one happy boy.

The last agenda for the day was hearing Mass at the Church of St. Ignatius in Farrer Road. I'm really liking the church because the priests can give a very good homily.

After Mass, I just headed back home, spent a few hours prepping for Monday and then finally called it a night.

What a good weekend! Thank you, Lordy!

No comments:

Post a Comment