Sunday, July 10, 2016

Double bill of Kill Bill...



The whole of Saturday night was spent at the cinema.

Jon invited me to watch Kill Bill vol. 1 & 2 with him at The Projector. Since I had nothing planned for the night, I said yes. Also, I can't remember the last time I did a back-to-back screening of two movies. Haha!

It was also my first time to watch at The Projector. The cinema has a certain vibe. I never understood what "hipster" means but I found myself using the word when I described the place to Jon. Hahaha!

13 years after the first installation of the film was released, I can still remember the key scenes of the movie. I guess that's more than good enough proof of how awesome the movie was.

I had no idea Jon was a huge Tarantino fan. When I showed him my photo with the esteemed director, he flipped out. Well, I sent it to him via Whatsapp so I'm not sure what his reaction was. Haha!

Anyway, the story behind the photo was I was at the right place at the right time. It was a stormy night in Manila. A film fest was happening at Gateway Cubao and Mr. Tarantino was a guest. I was at the mall waiting for a friend. My friend and I arranged to meet at the Globe Platinum Cinema. Well, while I was waiting for my friend, Mr. Tarantino comes and I just gathered all my courage and approached him for a photo. LOL!

Glad I did that, and glad to have been able to watch the films again!

No comments:

Post a Comment