Monday, December 24, 2007

Weekend in Quezon...

Though still tired from Friday night's Christmas party and though I got into bed at 2AM, I still woke up at 7AM yesterday. I was waiting for a text message or for a frantic phone call from my colleague Joanne asking me why I still wasn't at the office. But neither the phone call nor text message came. So instead, I got in touch with her to see if she and Michelle pushed through with the trip to Gen. Nakar, Quezon.

And they did.

Though there were some hesitations, primarily the tiredness that I've been feeling from head to toe, I still got up and in thirty minutes found my way to the terminal boarding a van headed to Quezon. The trip took about five hours, but it was worth it because I got to go to the beach and just take a dip in the cold water.

In the evening, I had a few drinks with the local people. We hung out at the multi-purpose hall, enjoying the cool December breeze, and drank local wine called lambanog. We just chatted.

Left back for Manila this morning. Bought some seafood for Reena. The seafood was insanely cheap compared to the Manila prices. Shrimps at P350/kilo is way cheap. Back in Manila by 1PM.

In the evening, I met up with Bernice and we went to Gateway. We had coffee at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. Afterwards, it was movie Elixabeth. Dinner at Cafe Bola. I received a call from Carlo who happened to be in the area as well, so I got to give him a big hug and quick chat before going back to Bernice. Finished the night with Fruits in Ice Cream.

Good Saturday and Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment