Friday, December 14, 2007

Should I Say Goodbye?

I am thinking of disposing two or three of my bags.

One, because they're quite used already (although still very much functional and quite presentable). There are also some flaws that could be fixed I guess. A little drycleaning, replacement of zipper.

Two, because I think it's going to be a "beautiful Christmas" and I just may be able to update my bag collection of sorts. Gawd! When I think about it, I have already started "updating" this year - Mexx, Zara and Paul Smith. Eeeep!!!!

Anyway, couple of years ago, I didn't think I would actually consider disposing my bags because I love them. But now, I realize that yes, every now and then, change (of bags) is good. (Over the weekend, I gave a messenger bag I haven't been using to my youngest brother. Hehe!)

So I don't know what to do with the bags I want to say goodbye to. Hand them down to my youngest brother? Give them to a man on the street? Try selling them and see anyone would go for it?

The bags I'm referring to are:

1.) my ultra favorite Fino messenger bag - I super love it because it's gotten so many compliments. Hahaha! And because it's Coach-inspired. But seriously, Fino is one company I super, super, super love! It's Filipino owned and the bags are just truly world-class! I'm so proud of it.

2.) an Adidas bowler bag - Bought it as a birthday present, but haven't used it for some time. The flaw on this one is on the lining of the handle. I don't know what the material is, but it's starting to chip off.

3.) a Jack Spade messenger bag - Uhm, I think this was my first Jack Spade. And I super love it too. It's roomy enouvh for all my stuff. And it's simple. The flaw on this is on the zipper. Needs to be replaced. Plus, I had it drycleaned once but I think it wasn't handled pretty well, so it's now a bit slouchy.

4.) a GAP brown canvas backpack - Again, a favorite. Compliments have been given to it as well, so I like it. The flaw is one buckle is missing. I lost it when I went to Palawan not too long ago. I don't know where you can get one. But if only I can get another buckle, then that bag is still fantastic.

So, if it's going to be a "good Christmas," I'd probably get some stuff to replace the ones above, if I do decide to dispose them. Hehehe! If all goes well, I'm eyeing Fino (naturally), and possibly, possibly, a Rafe.

Let's see.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Some of that sounds worth hanging on to, especially that bowling bag! Very unique and stylish!

    Perhaps you could get minor repairs at a shoe repair shop or even from a tailor?

    To close out this year, maybe one or two bags could be used in a ceremonial-letting-go of any "emotional baggage"--placing symbolic objects of any negativity or bad energy in your life that you would like to say good-bye to, and dropping it into a river or an ocean.

    . . . unless your life is perfect and peaceful!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahem ahem. wala akong messenger bag. :( ahem ahem

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter: Hi there. It's hard to find a good shoe repair shop here. There's one, but getting the bags repaired would be costly.

    I do like the idea of disposal as a "ceremonial letting-go."

    And no, I don't have a life that is perfect nor peaceful. (But I love it though. Hahaha!)

    Noreen: Di bagay sa iyo ang hand me downs. :P

    ReplyDelete