Monday, May 25, 2009

Across the Universe I like...






As previously blogged, I got to watch Across the Universe yesterday at May's house and I really liked it. I don't know why I haven't heard about this movie. Hehehe!

I'm not really a huge Beatles fan (although I know some of their songs, but maybe because it's not my generation), but I really loved how the music was arranged for the musical. I found the film to be quite long though, and for awhile I thought I was going to be saddened by the ending, but thankfully it didn't. It had a really nice ending. And it was an ultimate kilig scene. Haha! One thing I love about watching cheesy movies with girls is that I don't have to worry about getting mushy because I know that my companions would also be just as mushy.

True enough as the final scene played out, we were all going oooohhhh and aaaahhhh as Jude and Lucy, well, no spoiler for those who want to watch. Although there's already a major spoiler above. Hahaha!

I just had to have a copy of the movie. So after my workout earlier, I decided to pass by Tower Records just to check if they have a copy of Across the Universe. Before I even got to where Across the Universe was, a DVD of the final Broadway performance of Rent greeted me and I just had to get it. I asked a sales associate if there were more copies of the DVD and when I was told that it was the last one, there was no way I'm returning that DVD to the shelves. Hehehe!

I'm really thankful that someone thought of filming the musical so that unfortunate ones who wouldn't be able to go see it on Broadway would at least get to see the show on their television sets or laptops. Hehe!

Eeeep! So now I'm broke by a thousand bucks, but it's okay because the two DVDs were definitely good buys. I'm such a showtunes/musical addict that I would choose to go hungry for it on any given day. Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment