Sunday, May 24, 2009

May's May Birthday...


Was supposed to go to the GK Siga Olympics today, but instead asked someone else to cover for me since I promised to join the birthday celebration of dear friend/former colleague May.

So instead of spending the days with teens from GK villages, I spent it with teens at heart. Hehehe! The celebration was held at May's house in Qc, and the very privileged guests included May's colleague, Rita (who went with her two kids) and the HR triumvirate - Cathy, Lenly and Shyrel.

I didn't get to work with May because when I joined MMC, she already transferred to another unit of the company. But still we became really good friends, and it's always a joy to hang out with her because she's a great road trip buddy and she can cook really, really, really well.

Anyway, the whole afternoon was all about eating, singing, more eating and more singing. Hehehe! After having our fantastic lunch, the girls tried to set up Rita's Magic Sing. I, on the other hand, didn't bother to offer any help since I knew that cables and setting up AV systems isn't my core competency. Hahaha!

Lazy boy that I was that day, I fell asleep on May's Pinoy version of a Lazy Boy. Hehe! I want one, I swear. After an hour's sleep, that was the only time the girls got to finally get the thing to work. Great job!

After going through several songs, we decided to watch Across the Universe and when I found out that it was a musical, I knew that it was going to be interesting. And it was. I wanted my own copy. Hahaha!

We left May's house around 9PM. It was a day well spent, and I really had fun hanging out with the girls.

Happy birthday, May!

No comments:

Post a Comment