Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Dubai OFW is in town...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The weekend turned out to be a meeting of strangers, lovers, husbands, wives.

While the other night saw a get-together with Multiply buddies Whaxter and Angelo, Friday was a get-together with college classmate/barkada/really good friend Eden.

Eden moved to Dubai a couple of years ago, and she's currently in town for almost a month-long vacation. She's one of the dearest people in my life. We fondly call each other Mi Amore. Harhar! It goes way back to our UP Manila days, and we were both hooked to this Kapamilya teleserye of Jolina and Marvin. Hehehe! The name of the teleserye now escapes me, but the term of endearment from the show remains. Haha!

I was really excited when she said that she was coming home. The last time we saw each other, our other college friend/barkada Charmy was still in town. That was years ago.

Anyway, we met up at Edsa Shang and from there, we took a cab going to Charmy's house. We were going to get something from Charmy's brother RA and we wanted to see the kiddies - Erika and Elkie - as well. Charmy's place is really special because it brings back so many memories of college days. Haha! Right, Charms?!

It's a good thing we still remember how to get to the area. The only problem was we couldn't remember the house number. So for a couple of minutes, we were knocking at the wrong house. Hahaha!

We went right past Charmy's house. Hehe! We were greeted by the kiddies, who are all grown up already and Charmy's mom. I can't believe how fast the kids are growing. And I love it that they were so warm.

From Mandaluyong, Eden and I went to Makati to meet up with another classmate/barkada, Lovelynn. I was also really excited to see Lovelynn as well because the last time we saw each other, she was still to become a mother of two. Also joining us was Mardie, a former work colleague of Eden who became a really good friend to me. I haven't seen her for so long, and I'm really glad that she decided to go.

We agreed to have dinner at John and Yoko. It was my first time to dine at the place. The food was great. The service wasn't at all. First, what's up with the snobbish food servers? Second, how many times do we have to keep on asking for something before they actually give it. Hay, I doubt if I would be going back to that restau again.

Anyway, I was having such a good time that I decided to let the whole thing with the restaruatn pass. After leaving John and Yoko, we headed to CBTL for some caffeine, bad Toblerone cheesecake (Ugh!) and more happy stories.

By nine, Lovelynn's kiddies were already tired and sleepy. We took one last photo, and then said our goodbyes. Eden, Mardie and I made our way to Bed Space at the 3/F for a couple of beers. We called it a night past midnight.

Thank you, Eden. I'm super happy to see you.

What we forgot to do is get Eden and Lovelynn to sign cards, which I planned to send to Charmy and Len. Eeeeek!!! Sorry, Charms and Len. I'm already forgetful. Sign of aging. Hehe! Babawi, promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment