Sunday, June 7, 2009

Good Mizuno Run... Yey for the Sun...







Today was the big day for the Mizuno Infinity Run.

After the "high" from the Condura Run last March, I couldn't wait for my next run so I was really looking forward to the event. Aside from that, several of the usual suspects from PA were going to join again. In fact, some of the kiddies at the office signed up for the run as well. Woohoo! Way to go, Mich, Faith and Kring!

Similar to the Condura Run, Tey and I agreed to meet up at the Shell station in McKinley. From there, we drove to the Fort. There weren't as many runners, but the excitement, the adrenaline, the raring to start the run were very much up in the air.

My biggest concern for the race was the rain. Uhm, I'm not really a fan of the rain and I wasn't really planning on getting the new pair of Adidas drenched in rain on its debut outside of the gym. Hehe! Sorry, I'm just really extra careful with my shoes because I can't afford to splurge on a new pair whenever I want.

Anyway, I couldn't be happier when it stopped raining on Saturday night. Plus, I (and I’m sure all the other runners also did) prayed really hard for sun on the morning of the race, and it seems like the prayers were heard. It was a beautiful day for a run.

Finished the 5K in 41:20 or something like that. I lost a lot of time when I stopped by two drinking stations. Ugh! Uhm, but I was still happy because I was within the usual time it takes me to finish a 5K.

The run seemed to be well-organized. It should be after last year’s run got so much criticism. I wasn't there, but I read the blog posts on the 08 Infinity Run and reviews were ugly. Anyway, this one seemed quite good. Check-in area was organized. Lots of marshals to guide runners. Lots of water stations. I felt so guilty throwing away the plastic cups on the road though. Eeeep! And then, there's an orderly distribution of freebies. The singlet looks like it's made of good quality and the fit is just right.

Congrats to the race organizers!

Once the PA gang was all done, we headed to the Mcdo in Forbes Town for a lively breakfast. I really had a great time with everyone, and I'm certainly looking forward to the next run.

There's a GIG Run in UPD on June 28. I'm thinking of joining it. It would be great to be in a new running environment. Hmm, maybe I can try a 10K in my next run? Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment