Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What keeps most of my weekday nights busy...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Only because I have nothing better to write about. Hehe!

This is where I've been spending my weekday nights and Saturday noontimes - the spinning room and/or the dance studio at Gold's Glorietta.

I really didn't think that I would be the gym-going kind of guy. I once told Tey that that was one thing missing in my "happy" DNA, and it seems like I'm proven wrong. Hehe! It is only now that I'm really beginning to appreciate the gym.

I'm particularly addicted to the group classes. First is the spinning.

My first taste of a spinning was a couple of years ago at the Fitness First in ABS. Edsel invited me to a trial workout, and I absolutely enjoyed the spinning. I was close to having a cardiac arrest that afternoon when I got off the bike, but I was really happy because I really enjoyed the group class.

Unfortunately, that was the only time I got to do spinning. I was working in Manila then and at that time, no FF in Robinson's yet. Then FF came but membership was quite expensive. I just wasn't ready to shell out a monthly fee of P2K++.

When I found out about the deal between Gold's and my workplace, I took advantage of it. It was a super good deal. The monthly fee is super, super dirt cheap, and the membership type is the one where I can work out in any branch of Gold's. Woohoo!

So since February, I've been attending the spinning classes in Glorietta, and I'm in love with it. The week is incomplete whenever I would miss the class, and I try to really squeeze in the group class in the crazy work sched.

I've already attended the classes of three out of four (I think) instructors and each one has its own pros. I love David's Monday and Wednesday class (8PM) because his method of teaching and motivation is notable. You can tell if a person is really a teacher. And David is. Even when we're all dying already in the last 15 minutes, he can still push us to our limits.

I love Toby's Tuesday and Thursday class (6:30PM) and Saturday noontime because his music is really great. Some students probably get tired of hearing the same set almost every week but not me. I easily fall into habit, so I have no problem listening to Mary J. Blige's Just Fine every week. Hehe!

Emy's class is also good (Tuesday and Thursday at 8PM) and her way of handling the class is quite unique as well. You'll hear a lot of yelling from her and from the students. Hehe!

Uhm, I seldom attend her class though because it's as the same time as the street dance class, which colleague Engel got me to start attending. Hehe!

That leads me to the other class I love. Every Tuesday and Thursday, close to maybe fifty people dance to Akon, Usher, Craig David, among others, while I try to make it appear like I'm dancing as well. Haha! The class is quite popular. I dunno if it's because of the teacher - Philippine All Stars' Reagan or if it's because of the dance routine. Or maybe both. What is great about Reagan is that the routine he teaches may be difficult but still doable by mere mortals. No side steps or grapevines here. Hehe! Although there were a couple of times I swear I was going to get into an ACL injury because of all the twisting. Hehe!

For the past few weeks, we've been working on Akon's Keep You Much Longer and so far, it's the song and dance routine that I love, love, love the most. Hehehe! Last night we started on O'Neal McKnight's Champagne Red Lights.

What I'm really lazy at though are the machines. The basic weights I try to do as much as possible, but the machines, oh the machines. Not only do I get bored by it, I only stick to the ones I know how to operate. Hehe!

My membership is going to expire this July. I'll have to make a loan to pay for another year's membership, but it's okay because I can still avail of the special rate. Plus, at least I don't have to worry about paying for it for the next 12 months, errr... make that 13 months since we get an extra month free if we enroll for a year. Okay na din.

Now if only my "happy" DNA would continue to evolve so that I could learn how to be grossed out by carbs. Hahaha!

2 comments:

  1. all of a sudden i miss working out.....


    NAH! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm still enjoying it maybe because i have nothing much better to do. and maybe because i'm somewhat a newbie. haha! =)

    ReplyDelete