Sunday, June 28, 2009

A reading according to Jani...

Photobucket

Colleague from work Nova invited us to see her friend Jani the tarot card reader over the weekend. Some of the girls at work have gone to him and they say he's really good.

I'm not really a fan of tarot card or anything involving strangers predicting my future, but I thought I'd try it out just for fun. Since I knew I wouldn't be able to go to the White Party, I thought the visit to Jani would be my something fun on a Saturday night.

Met up with Nova, Rhyz and MJane at Newsdesk in Morato. We started early because I had to get home early to get enough sleep for my first 10K run ever this morning.

Alright, just a gist of what Jani told me. Surprisingly, the focus of my spread of cards was on relationships. When I allowed Noreen to use me as her guinea pig early this year for her tarot card reading practice, she said nothing romantic was in store for me because out of the how many cards that was about love and relationships, not one showed up.

Fast forward to last night and well, well, well, look do we have here. LOL! It seems that the stars have re-aligned or something. Haha!

Uhm, Jani said things that I already knew but I guess I needed to hear about it from someone else. He said I was afraid to let someone in, that I need to work on letting go of things, that I need to shatter some perspectives on certain things.

He said that I will fall in love. I registered a look on my face that said, "I have been in love." That's when he said, "You think you've been in love. You haven't. The past? That wasn't love. That was heartache. That was hurt."

Ouch! But a little more thinking and I thought the guy was right. Hehe!

He did also say things that I already know but needed to hear from someone else. That I'm basically afraid to let someone in, that I neeed to work on letting go of things, that I need to appreciate more of myself.

He said, "You're afraid to let people in because you fear that the past may happen again." That's when he explained what the Chariot card meant. The need to be courageous. The need to take risks.

Jani was right, I suppose.

What really put a smile on my face that night were the appearance of two cards - Page of Wands and Knight of Coins. There was another card that showed up, which was what I have always wanted, so that was a pleasant surprise. Hehe! I won't elaborate on this anymore. Let's just wait and see.

Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment