Thursday, June 25, 2009

Because even Mr. Nice Guy can be wicked...

Photobucket

On my way home from the gym last night, the kid and I were on the same bus again. It was already late when I noticed that he was there, too. I was tired from the workout, and I usually just head to the last row of the bus when I see that my favorite seat is already occupied.

While getting myself settled at the last row, I saw the back of his head. He was about two rows away. Since it was already late, he had the row all to himself. I could have easily gotten up and sat beside him and say hi.

But I stayed where I was and when I reached my dropoff point, I got up, made my way to the front and made sure the kid saw me. And that he saw me looking all in a gym shirt, Nike shorts with my hairy legs, and the somewhat new Adidas. Hehehe!

When I got off the bus, I went my usual way not bothering to look back. Haha!

Do I sound bitter? Angry? Believe it or not, I'm neither. I was just really feeling "wicked" at that moment. I have been nothing but Mr. Nice Guy to the kid. From the time we waved at each other to the time he told me that he wasn't sure if he wanted to be with another guy (Dude, you should have kept your hands to yourself), I have been Mr. Nice Guy.

CorpComm guy that I am, I even watched the words I used when I tried to convince you that it was worth checking out where things would lead but you refused. When I should have just said what was in my head at that moment, I was editing my words to make sure they weren't hurtful. Because I know you're a kid. And because I didn't want to be a person who bursts your bubble.

But last night, I was in a moment when I thought I put my feelings ahead of others, just for that night. Sorry for ignoring you. But I guess that was one way of letting you know that you being a kid is not an excuse, and that people won't bend backwards for you all the time, and that even Mr. Nice Guys can be wicked and big jerks sometimes.

I feel a bit guilty, because I myself hate it when I get ignored. But sometimes you got to do it, I suppose. And that's alright.

Because sometimes, even Mr. Nice Guy can be wicked...

No comments:

Post a Comment