Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas goodies after Christmas day...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I bought myself gifts just yesterday. A day after Christmas. That's the time when I also opened presents from people at work.

Since I did a last minute shopping this year, I didn't bother to get gifts for myself until I'm done with buying presents for everyone. For the people at the office, I got them shoe bags made from recycled tarpaulin. The wonderful bags were made by the mothers of the Gawad Kalinga Village in Sooc, Iloilo. The quality of the bags have really improved, I have to say. By the way, I still have some pencil cases, in case you want one.

For my cousins and relatives, I went the tamagotchi way of shopping. I stumbled upon these nice beauty gift packs from Landmark and after seeing that the price wasn't so bad, I already got all the Titas and the female cousins the same gifts. For the boys, I headed to Bench, which was always reliable for cute but affordable gifts. What was difficult was getting presents for the kids. I couldn't give the same stuff, right? So that's where most of the shopping time went. Getting gifts for Arianne, Hannah, Kim, KC, and my grandson/godchild Joaquin. Eeep, I still have to get gifts for my other godchildren! I was really proud of my shopping time though. I was at the mall at 10AM and I was done in about an hour. Thankfully, my youngest brother Andre went with me and helped carry the shopping bags. Hehehe!

Yesterday, I headed to Greenbelt to buy my "just because" present. I call it "just because" since these are purchases that would seem to be illogical and unwise, but I just gotta have them just because... Hehe!

The day started with a pedicure at Bruno's. I can't remember the last time I went to a barber shop. I was supposed to go to Tips n' Toes but it was fully booked so I just decided to go to Bruno's next door. It turned out to be a good decision because the price at Tips n' Toes for the service was already the price for the service and my tip at Bruno's. Hehe!

From Greenbelt, I headed to Glorietta. I just walked around checking stores to look for something that would catch my eye. I wanted to get a new shirt or two, but I just couldn't bring myself to buy the shirts at full price when I know that they will slash the prices very soon. Hehe! Instead, I bought these cool placemats from Dimensione. I love that store. They have the coolest stuff! That's where Bruce and Johnny came. And this time, I found these nice placemats. Priced at just P88-100 for a set of four placemats and coasters, it's super cheap. I got two. These will be for my future home. Hehehe!

From Glorietta, I went back to Greenbelt for my "just because" purchase. Haha! This year, it was these Evian bottles designed by Paul Smith. Hehe! Again, these will be for the future home. In the meantime, they'll be nice accents for my office cube. Hehe! The collection comes in five colored caps but I just got two. To get all five was too much for me already. Hehe! I was tempted to get a bag, but decided against it because it didn't look that Paul Smith anyway. Hehe! I looked at some of the shirts that were marked down already and it would be great to get one or two, but knowing that I could use the money for get a roundtrip ticket to Singapore made me not get. Haha!

To finish the day, I went to The Spa for a body massage. I rarely get massages, and I wish I could get it more often.

When I got home, I opened my presents. I got shirts, desk accents, cookies, more cookies, and my favorites were these personalized notepads and notecards and Glee Vol. 1 and 2. OSTs from my second brother and his girlfriend. I can't remember the last time I bought a CD, and I almost got the albums when I went to the mall the other day. Thankfully, I didn't get the stuff.

There's one more gift I want to get. Let's see if I will be lucky enough to get it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment