Thursday, December 10, 2009

Prepping for Celebrity Run '09...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Some work buddies and I are doing the PhilStar Celebrity Run on the 20th.

I'm looking forward to it because it'll be nice to hang out with work people and not have to talk about work. LOL! Plus, we started the year wonderfully with Condura Run, which turned out to be a good experience, so why not end it on a good note with the Celebrity Run.

Aside from running again with work friends, I'm also looking forward to the run because friend Jimmy is flying in from LA and he agreed to join the run. He arrives on the 19th, and on the 20th we do the 10K. I'm not worried for him because he did the NYC Marathon couple of months ago. Actually, mas worried ako sa sarili ko. Diyahe to be super slow. Hehe!

So I've been hitting the gym much more frequently and doing more time on the tread. I know, I know. The road is different from the tread. But for the purpose of surviving my second 10K, I think I'm okay with just doing the tread for now. Hehehe!

Last night, I did a 7.5K and clocked in 56 minutes. I'm happy with it already because I checked my time for a 7.5K couple of months ago and it was 61 minutes. So okay na din. Haha!

I'd have to say that getting into this whole "gym" thing also has to be one of the good things that happened this year. I didn't think the day I would say, "It's gym night." would actually come. Hehe!

Yey to fitness!

No comments:

Post a Comment