Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Energizer bunny weekend... Part 2

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

From a night of partying in Malate to a 10K run + breakfast at the Fort to a couple of hours of sleep, I headed to Gateway on Sunday afternoon to get some items for the Christmas dinner with UP friends Ella, Gino, Tey, John and Ela.

Gateway was crowded with shoppers. I didn't like the crowd at all but I had to go there to buy gifts for the gang for me and Tey. Plus roasted chicken for the Christmas potluck. I headed to Rustan's to get gifts for the gang. I didn't bother to ask for the nice Rustan's wrapper because I knew how long the giftwrapping line gets around this time.

Then I went to the supermarket to get the roasted chicken of Rustan's. When I got there, surprise, surprise. No chicken. There was one left but it was the saddest looking. So I leave Gateway and head to the nearby Shopwise. That's where I found my newly roasted chicken.

There was another customer who was also getting roasted chicken. I let the person order first. I was so wrong to have done that. The person started asking all these stupid questions to the guy behind the counter, "Which chicken is bigger?" "Are those newly cooked?" Hello! Teh, magbebenta ba sila ng hindi sariwa? Kainis! Hehe! Thankfully, the guy replied in the most boring manner. Haha!

When I'm finally done with my errands, I waited for Tey to pass by for me and then we headed to Ella and Gino's house near ABS-CBN.

It's always a joy to see this group of friends. We always have a good time reminiscing about our college days, talking about work, issues in life. Hehe! That night, the topics ranged from the presidentiables to work stuff to Kuya Ef to Ondoy experiences to Ela's access to fantastic SSI sales. As in super fantastic.

The food was super. Roasted chicken from Shopwise. There was frozen brazo which John and Ela got from a store I forget. Hehe! Gino cooked a super yum mechado. There was nachos with good salsa and spicy cheese dip. Ella did a really cute table setting. The choco balls on shotglasses were nice.

After stuffing ourselves (eeep!), we just spent the next few hours chatting. Mel was supposed to join us but she got stuck at a family reunion. Tsin, on the other hand, had a very hectic sched. Oh well, next time.

We bid each other goodbye a little before midnight. From QC, I hitched a ride with Tey to Makati. Jimmy was leaving for Ilocos and I had to give him his gift and my gift for Noel. We just hung out at the hotel lobby talking about vaca plans and looking for flight and bus schedules to Ilocos. Hehehe!

I went home around 2AM. Had to get up for work in a couple of hours.

It was a really tiring weekend, but I didn't feel the fatigue because I had such a good time with people I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment