Monday, December 21, 2009

Energizer Bunny weekend... Part 1

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Okay, the weekend that just ended has got to be the craziest. Haha!

It started with Saturday afternoon. After doing my personal errands for the house in the morning, I headed to Greenbelt for my haircut appointment at 3. I got there at 2PM and had to squeeze in some shopping for Julius (the guy who cuts my hair for four years now. He deserved a good gift. Hehe!) and two friends from abroad Jimmy and Noel.

After the haircut, I gave my friend Jimmy a call to check where he was. Jimmy is a friend from LA who I met during the glory days of Icon. We just saw each other last January, and it was really a pleasant surprise when I found out that he was coming back to Manila for the 2009 holidays.

From GB1, I headed to GB3 to meet Jimmy at CBTL. It was really good seeing him again. We gave each other a tight hug and just spent the next few hours catching up. I registered him for the 10K of the PhilStar Celebrity Run as well, and I was really looking forward to our run. (Although I suddenly got scared when I found out that he just recently did the NYC Marathon. Haha!)

At the same time, he wanted to see the nightlife. I wanted to take him out that night because we didn't get to do that the last time and because we might not be able to party anymore since he was flying to Ilocos today. So we agreed to go out and stay in B for just maybe two hours so that we can still get some sleep and get up at 430AM for the 530 run.

Kamusta naman?! We lost track of the time and by the time we headed out of B, it was already 3AM. Haha!

Jimmy decided he'll just skip the run and that was understandable since he's probably starting to feel the jetlag. I, on the other hand, pushed through with it because I promised good friends and fitness thingspiration Arlyn and Ryse that I will do the run.

So I went home to take a really cold shower, change into my running attire and then left again for the Fort to meet up with Arlyn, Ryse, Monet and Antony.

Yes, it is crazy and I'll (probably) never do it again. Hahaha!

The good news is I survived. I finished the 10K and if the race clock is right, I finished at 1:12. I was surprised. Really surprised. For my first 10K at the GIG Run, I clocked in 1:16.

It was a really, really beautiful run though. There was a light drizzle and I feared for my iPod Touch (hehe!) but at the same time, gentle rain falling on you as you ran felt good and kept me awake. It was my first time to do the 10K in the Fort area and I liked it because of the route. There were so many times that I had to slow down and walk though because I felt like my chest was going to explode. Hehe!

My savior for the last kilometer was Lady Gaga. Yeah, I'm such a stereotype. Haha! Two remixes of Bad Romance and a tremendous amount of self-pushing helped me get to the finish line. Haha!

After the run, the gang headed to Burgos Circle for a happy breakfast at CBTL. Tey, Steph and Chippi joined us. That place is super nice! It was a very good breakfast since there weren't that many people at Burgos and the breakfast was just so good.

We parted ways around 9AM. I headed home and when I got to my bed, I just became dead to the world. Haha!

This is just half of the story though.

In the evening, I went out again for a dinner with UP gang and then headed to Makati for tambay time with Jimmy again before he leaves.

But that's going to be another post.

Happy crazy weekend! I love! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment