Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sunday night wasn't such a good gimik night...

As mentioned in a previous post, Saturday night and Sunday morning were spent in Tagaytay. I got back in Manila by Sunday afternoon, and I was raring to have some more party time.

It is a long weekend after all, and I had to spend time with “my” people as well. Haha!!!

So I spent the entire late afternoon and early evening in bed to get ready for another night of partying. The plan was to go to Malate with Winston, Errol and Engel. Only Winston and I made it. Boohoo to E and E! Hehe!

Since Bed was closed because it was a Sunday, Winston and I had no choice but to just go to a neighboring bar. I like the place. Man, I’ve been going to that spot even before it became what it is now. I’ve somehow seen that exact location transform from a mostly lezzie hangout to a mostly gay men’s hangout to the top floor becoming a store to its ver.1 and now to its ver. 2. When I write it this way, it makes me look like I’ve been going to Malate for so long. Haha!

Uhm, not really. I did a bit of the scene maybe in the first half of the decade and then when the Great Crash happened in 2006, I somehow disconnected myself and it was only this year that I sort of went back to the whole Malate thing. I’m surprised myself. There are definitely some changes. I’d write about it but, basta. There are changes. Haha!

Going back to the bar, the other night was the second time I visited the place since the comeback a couple of months ago. I’d usually hang out at Bed. Not to compare the two, but I find the guys in my age range box more in Bed than in this one. I sometimes feel like I’m a Tito when I go to the latter. Hahaha!

The other night wasn’t particularly one of my favorite Malate gimik nights. Uhm, first, the place became crowded, as in really crowded. I don’t usually complain about it because it’s sort of my therapy for my claustrophobia (Hehe!), but the other night was just different.

The A/C couldn’t handle the volume of the people. I didn’t get to dance much, since I knew how hyper my sweat glands are. And the “baskil” look just isn’t one of my favorites. Haha! I chose standing near the A/C over dancing.

Then, the back of the head of people and all the hair kept going smack into my nose and my face. It was crowded, so every time the head of the guy in front of me bobs, I had to figure out a way to avoid it without hitting the guy behind me.

There’s also the fear of getting burnt by someone’s cigarette. Again, I have no issues with guys and their yosi. Honestly, I think sometimes think it’s sexy. A bottle of beer in one hand, a lit stick on the other. Somehow, it looks astig (most of the time. Hehe!). But because that night defied all the laws of physics on space, I kept looking out for where the yosi of the guy beside me and behind me would go.

As I had feared, I got burnt. Haha! Someone’s lit yosi brushed against my finger. Ouch! Well, just a little. And it was Winston’s yosi so no big deal.

What else? Ah, the music was particularly annoying. The last time I went to this bar, the music was good. The DJ did just fine but the other night, I felt like the DJ was probably having some issues. He played some good music, but the transition was definitely not seamless. He would start playing the intro of some good dance songs, then all of a sudden switch to another song. What annoyed Winston the most was when the DJ started to play really good music, but we were already out of the bar and getting some air just before heading home. I asked Winston if he wanted to go back in, but with the volume of people and the “Extra Challenge” involved in getting in and out of the place, he said no.

And then the performances of the drag queens were just too long. I usually enjoy these performances. What these queens do is difficult, that’s for sure, so I really respect them for their craft. But the performances the other night were just too long. It took away so much of the “dance time.” Hehe! Plus, the transition music to the performance part wasn’t seamless as well.

So there, some reasons why the other night’s gimik won’t definitely make it to the top 3 fave gimik nights of 2009. Hehe! I’m just really thankful that Winston was there. He is always fun to hang out with, For some reason, he always gets the girls. Seriously. Girl as in girls. I dunno why. But it’s always an amusement to us.

I dunno. Maybe it just really wasn’t a good night. I still plan to go there once in awhile. It is one of the nicer places for “us” here in the metro. Last night just wasn’t that good. And I wasn’t the only one who didn’t find that night to be good. Me, plus the really cute guy sitting on the pavement who tried to hide his sobbing with his hanky. Winston and I wanted to sit by his side and hug him and tell him everything will be alright. Hehe. For everyone else, it was probably the best night of their lives. Especially that birthday boy who… basta. That’s it. Haha!

2 comments:

  1. im sure masikip sa BED. :) Once you get out, you can never get in. I'm glad you enjoyed your night out back in Malate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! :) bed is okay actually. :) i like the big space and the good a/c. hehe. saya to go out again. thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete