Saturday, December 26, 2009

How's yer Xmas '09...

Photobucket

Photobucket

How was your Christmas?

Mine was okay. My family spent it the way we've been spending it for the past, what, thirty years? At my Lolo's house in UP Diliman. My Dad stayed home, as usual. And we left the house late, as usual. But still was the family first to arrive in Diliman, as usual. Hehe!

Only a few things have changed. My Lolo's no longer there. Some cousins are already abroad. There are new kids (children of my cousins). I didn't even know some of them are married already. Hehehe! Evil me.

One thing that stayed the same, and I love it, is the food. Tita Baby, the youngest among the girls, would always bring really delicious dishes. Ate Lizet, the daughter of Tita Cecil, would always prepare tasty chicken. My Mom and Tita Did would bring different dishes every year. For 2009, we brought lumpiang ubod from I dunno where. But it's much better (read: healthier) than the lechon paksiw we usually bring.

Another tradition during this one day that I see my relatives is hanging out with my cousins. Unless someone is getting married or worse, someone passed away, that's the only time I get to see them. I dunno. I'm sure it'll be great to hang out with them more often but we all just live in different worlds. I'm in Makati. Some are in QC. Some are in Manila. And others are in Cavite.

Anyway, after the get-together at my Lolo's house, a bunch of my cousins and I headed to Shangri-la to catch one of the MMFF films. Since Mano Po wasn’t selling any tickets anymore, we just decided to watch I Love You Goodbye.

We were early, so we hung out at the Starbucks and just did some catching up. One thing I enjoyed about it was I get all the juicy chismis about my other relatives. Hehe! Is that bad? My cousin Ai also had the most hilarious stories about her trip to Oz where she gave a training. I guess her (mis)adventures and the really good way she told them made the whole thing extra funny.

I'm not going to waste space writing about the film. I didn't like the story. That's it. Hehe! I thought the acting was good though. Angelica, Derek, Gabby. They were good. Oh, oh, and Angel Aquino was just perfect in her role!!! She looked absolutely stunning in this black dress and a pearl necklace. (Jewelmer? Hehehe!) Of course, that I remember. As for the story? Blah! Anyway, you be the judge.

After the movie, we already called it a night. My cousin Marian is leaving for Europe tomorrow (I'm envious). Another cousin had to go home all the way to Cavite. My youngest brother had to bring his girlfriend home.

Oh, that's the other highlight of the gathering this year. My two younger brothers introduced their girlfriends to my Titos, Titas, cousins, nephews, nieces earlier.

Di na nirespeto ang single na Kuya?! LOL! Just kidding, just kidding. I'm happy for my brothers.

Humanda kayo when I introduce my someone. LOL! I think people will be doing cartwheels... or they'll probably console my Mom. LOL! But I'm pretty sure it's going to be like a San Miguel TVC.

"Ilabas na ang San Mig. Mahaba habang usapan ito..."

Merry Christmas, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment