Friday, February 12, 2010

Farewell, beloved bad boy of British fashion...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket





RIP Alexander Mcqueen. Alexander Mcqueen found dead. Farewell Alexander Mcqueen.

These were a few of the Twitter posts that greeted when I did a last visit to Twitter before I slept.

It was shocking. It seemed so untrue.

It can't be. Mcqueen was still young and had so much to offer the world.

But it is true. When I finally found the time this morning to read up on what happened, that's where I read that Alexander Mcqueen was found dead in his own home. There are news reports of suicide.

So hard to believe. And such a tragedy, both for his family and the industry.

His designs were nothing of the ordinary. That shipwreck dress Debra Messing wore to the 2002 VH1/Vogue Fashion Awards - Mcqueen. The lobster claw shoes Lady Gaga wore in her Bad Romance video - Mcqueen. His designs are definitely not for the faint of heart. The same is true for his shows. More than his clothes, I like the guy for staging really theatrical shows. There was one season where he put on a ring of fire on his runway. There was another season where he asked the models to dance. One of my favorites was the season where he ended the show with a hologram of the gorgeous Kate Moss.

I know I don't know know the guy, and I don't own any of his pieces (I can't afford them. Hehe!), but the death of Mcqueen is saddening (and really shocking) for anyone who loves the world of fashion (whether as a spectator or as a member of that world).

Gawd, si Mcqueen pa lang iyan. Paano na kaya kung si Lagerfeld, Galliano or Mrs. Prada?! I shudder at the thought of these fashion masters not being around.

No comments:

Post a Comment