Monday, February 22, 2010

Asana Saturday... just because...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was one of those situations where you do something just because you have to, even if a huge risk of humiliation may be involved. Hahaha!

A bunch of work colleagues and I climbed a nearby cliff during our Nasugbu beach trip over the weekend. While the rest of the guys walked further to check out what else there is on the other side of the cliff, some of us stayed behind to take photos of where we are.

I dunno what happened. It must be the panoramic landscape, the sentimental afternoon sky, the slow dance of the cogon grass, the sound of the waves hitting the cliff, but the whole situation just seemed like the perfect backdrop for an asana.

Hahaha!

Thankfully, work colleague Judee was game enough to take photos of my stupid attempt to do two poses. Hehehe! She made me promise to post the photos as a “payment” for her creatives. Hehe! The first pose that came to mind was the vrkasana (more popularly known as tree pose) and the most favorite pose by yoga practicitioners and non-yoga people. (Probably because it’s quite easy to achieve.)

I assumed the pose easily (Naks, yabang! But seriously, I dunno anyone who has difficulty with the tree pose.) After checking out the photos, it looked just wrong (read: Masyadong na-highlight ang aking pagka-plus size. Hehe!). The white shirt and the profile shot both didn’t work for me.

So off the shirt went. Hahaha! Kapalan na ng mukha. Anyway, it would be awhile before I go back to that place. Hehe!

The other pose that I was quite comfortable with is the natarajasana (also known as dancer’s pose). Aside from finding the pose a bit easy, I just really enjoy saying the word. Hehe! Try it. Natarajasana, natarasajana.

Judee did a great job taking the photo I think, and directing me so I can hide the chanelya. Wahaha!

It was difficult. The ground was uneven, the rocks hurt my feet. It was difficult to balance myself. Colleague Reena was worried I might fall forward and hit the rocks below.

But I just had to have the photo. Wahaha! The sunset background was really nice. I had to do the pose several times because it was difficult to hold the pose, and I’m just thankful Judee was patient enough to take the photo from different angles. Haha! (When I was checking the other photos, I saw the one photo that Sir Darwin took from where they were.)

So there. And then with a little lighting effects filter from Photoshop, the photos above.

I’ve been practicing yoga for eight months now I think. I’ve still so much work to do. For now, I’m just happy I’m able to reach my toes. Hehe!

My friend Bernice was the one who got me into yoga. We never got to do yoga together before she left for the Netherlands, but it was really her who inspired me to start attending yoga. Check out her tree pose in a Moroccan desert! Awww, I’m envious!

Namaste.

4 comments:

  1. oh yeah it is fun to say. haha natarajasana, natarajasana... hehe

    seems like u had a lot of fun. i've always wanted to try yoga but neither have the patience or flexibility to do it. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. see! :)

    nyl, the patience and the flexibility will come with constant practice. :)

    i used to not be able to reach my toes. after several sessions, i could touch them na. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. im kinda afraid sa yoga, baka maging sexy ako agad.. naku, patay! and baka din, maiusip ko yung mga pangayari na di ko gusto, mdestruct lng ako nyan..

    ReplyDelete
  4. tim, yoga's fun. :) once/twice a week lang. :)

    i got confused with your second sentence. :)

    ReplyDelete