Monday, February 1, 2010

Bye January... Hello February (?!)...

Whoa! What just happened to January?

It surely went by so fast. Hahaha!

The month was quite busy, but I'm glad that the first work week of the year didn't turn out to be quite toxic. I hope it stays like that the entire year. Wahaha!

What made January busy were the sea vessel sinking in Batangas, the eruption of Mt. Mayon, and preparations for Dinagyang. We did a turnover of a Materials Recovery Facility to a Gawad Kalinga village in Iloilo.

Then we had to mount an exhibit for the terracotta youth artists of the same GK village in time for Dinagyang. That was really the stressful part because I was doing coordinating things from Manila. It was difficult because I tend to be a control freak when it comes to these things, but at the same time, it was good exercise for me on having faith in people and believing that things happen for a reason.

Things turned out well. The kids had a good sale. And they did get good exposure. That's all that matters to me. Jessica Zafra passed by the exhibit and bought items. She even mentioned the kids in her blog. There were lessons to be learned, and I'm definitely keeping those in mind.

As for the relationship/dating department (of course, I had to mention this since it is the first day of the month of hearts), there's really no significant development. Hahaha!

I had my cards read and I was told that I'm still being prepared for the relationship or whatever. (Hello! I think single for four years is more than enough preparation already! Haha!) And so is the other person.

When the end of January was nearing, a friend was already teasing me, "Hey, January's almost over. Get pressured already." And I replied to him, "Excuse me. It's that person (not referring to anyone in particular) who should be pressured." And we both laughed about it.

The reason behind this exchange was my forecast that I'm going to get coupled by January. Hahaha! I was trying to apply the whole "The Secret" approach on the relationship thing. It did after all work for my MacBook and other more, more important things like my career. But I guess I need to do more work in the R&D department. Hahaha!

Well, I hope that I will at least have a date on the 14th! I remember I had one of the best dates ever around this time last year. Will write about this separately. Hahaha!

I was kidding with friend E, "Hey, you know, you, me, Winston and Errol should all go hit B on the 13th! It's a Saturday and definitely gimik night. Who knows?! When the clock strikes 12, we may no longer be single anymore... or at least for that stupid Hearts Day, we won't be single." Wahahaha! Kidding.

Alright, that's it. Random post lang.

2 comments:

  1. i wanna have my cards read too. baka malaman ko kung nasan na siya. baka namatay na or something. magmamadre nalang ako. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe! I do the card reading just for fun and maybe a little guidance. Wahaha! But I don't really take it seriously. Otherwise, nagmadre na din ako. Hehehe! :)

    ReplyDelete