Monday, February 8, 2010

Condura Run 2010 was superrrr...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My first run for 2010 happened yesterday, and boy was it super!!!

I signed up for the 10K run of the Condura Run 2010 Run for the Dolphins and yesterday was the big day.

This is my third 10K, and I think that with constant practice I could do a 15K soon and a half-marathon by the end of the year. Yeeehaaa!

Anyway, the Condura Run was definitely a success! There were thousands of runners and being at the Fort at 5AM on a Sunday was more than enough to make me be grateful to be alive. Just being there along with thousands of fit, healthy and zestful individuals made me want to really keep this (most of the time) healthy lifestyle. Hehehe!

It was a really good run. The organizers really prepared for it. There were all these gimmicks to make the runners psyched and excited for the run. The race route animation before the gun time was impressive. The Bounce girls dancing to BEP's I've Gotta Feeling got everyone raring to go. There were a lot of water stations. There were marching bands and cheerers that helped push runners to really finish the race. Boards with inspiring running quotes were found along the race route. Marshalls were present everywhere. The route was well-planned out. Even with the race kit distribution a couple of days ago, I have to applaud the organizers for the orderly and efficient conduct of the claiming of the race kits.

It was my first time to run on the Buendia flyover so that was definitely a high point. It just sucks that I don't have a photo running there. I did bring a camera the whole time so I have photos of other runners. Hahaha! It was good that I was wearing my short Adidas shorts so the camera didn't swing while it was in my pocket and I was running. The camera slowed me down because I was taking photos for this entry. Hehehe!

As with other runs, what made Condura really good was being there with friends. My thinspiration Ryse and Arlyn were there (and I am always grateful to them because they let me dump my stuff in their car during runs). Maver did a 5K! Woohooo! Her Haligi did the 10K and finding out that he's now doing a sub-60 for the 10K makes me want to do better. Bfast buddy Grace did her first 10K! Woohooo! I thought she didn't push through with the run because we couldn't find her. So I was really happy when she saw me along the Buendia flyover on our way to the finish line. Her husband and gym mate Elgin was also there. He's also another inspiration to run faster because the guy is good with his run time.

Other people I saw were Benj, a friend from Couchsurfing, and Ivan, a friend from my ICON days. It was SO good seeing Ivan and we promised to run together in the next run. The Condura Run was special for him because it was his first 21K. WOW! Congrats, Ivan! I hope to do that too soon. I didn't see Twitter buddies - @Misterhubs, @jamiedavinci and @john_stan - but I knew they were there. (We congratulated each other on Twitter. Haha!) Next time, I hope @outednarnian, @iandmac and @MkSurf8 would be there too.

The other highlight of run was the big breakfast afterwards. Our colleague Rhyz went with us, and we all had a really good breakfast. Camwhores that we are, we had several photos proudly showing off our finisher's medal. Wooohooo!

My time was around 1:18. If it weren't for the times I stopped to take photos and had I lessened my walks, I'm quite sure I would have a better running time. Hahaha! I'm expecting the run time results that will be published will be different. There were several runners by the time I reached the finish line so it took awhile before I was able to get the bar code on my bib tagged. But I checked the race clock and I saw 1:17:50. I'm happy with the time because I did a 1:16 in my last run. The next goals are to do a sub-60 for a 10K and to have my first 15K. Woohoooo!

2 comments:

  1. fatigue and pain made my senses dull. hehehehe, i tried looking for familiar faces but there were just too many people and i was FREEZING from my sweat.

    here's to hoping to see you in the next run!

    century with papah derek? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. heya, jamie! :)

    you're right! there were too many people! haha! i'm happy though that it seemed like it was well-organized.

    see you in the next run!

    i wanted to do century, but there are no more slots for 10K. :(

    are you going?

    ReplyDelete