Monday, February 15, 2010

Lunch thing at the Cookbook Kitchen...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Who said I didn’t have a date on VDay?!

I was SO looking forward to Hearts Day I decided to have it a day earlier! And I had my date at Cookbook Kitchen, a secret out-of-the-way food place in Mandaluyong.

Just kidding, just kidding about the date part. My straight guy friend Dennis would bop me in the head if he read this. Haha!

But we did have lunch at Cookbook Kitchen. After our short visit to the land of textiles and fabrics that is Kamuning (still for my assignment), Dennis and I decided to have lunch before parting ways. He suggested Cookbook Kitchen because one of his clients brought him there before and he liked it.

The restau is located in a residential community. If not for the signage and for the colorful façade, I wouldn’t know it was a restaurant.

Anyway, we walked to the entrance and when we opened the door, all I could say was, “Okay! Kamusta naman ang V-Day?!”

I couldn’t help but laugh because the place was really prepped for V-Day. The tables were nicely setup with red table covers. There were roses in vases on top of the tables. Near the counter was a huge heart wall accent. I dunno if the food servers are always dressed like that, but yesterday, they looked like they belong to the set of a Sam Milby-Toni Gonzaga movie. And my favorite was my paper placemat had a heart cutout on the upper right corner. Awww! Hehehe!

We got our table and ordered quickly because I was really hungry. Got the Chef’s Salad and Aglio Olio. Dennis got grilled chicken dish. The service was fast. I was still checking out the interiors of the place when our food server was already bringing the salad.

The food was good. Even you had to pay about 300 – 400 pesos/head, it was worth it. Each dish came in generous servings, so Dennis and I got to share the salad. I got to taste the grilled chicken he ordered, and he got some of my pasta as well. We didn’t have dessert anymore because he had to rush to another appointment, while I was off to a haircut appointment. Hehe! But Cookbook Kitchen has an interesting dessert lineup.

Must definitely go back to try the desserts (and the other dishes on the menu). But I hope the next time I got there, it would already be for a real date date. Hahaha!

Cookbook Kitchen is located at Socorro Fernandez St near Shaw Blvd. If you’re not familiar with the area, it’ll be difficult to find the place. I didn’t even know the name of the street is that.

Here’s how to get to Cookbook Kitchen. Got this from OurAwesomePlanet.com:

If you are coming from Shaw from the Edsa end, you have to turn right on Torres St along Shaw Blvd before reaching 9 de Febrero. Turn left in Araullo treat and left again immediately in the Socorro Fernandez st. If you are coming from Greenhills, It is a lot easier since you just need to pass P. Guevarra st. in Wilson towards Shaw Blvd along the Luna Mencias st. Turn left to Socorro Fernandez st and you will not miss it.

Cookbook Kitchen
8 Socorro Fernandez St., corner Luna Mencias St. (near Shaw Blvd),
Mandaluyong City
Tel. +632 724 3595
Mobile: +63 916-2765257

No comments:

Post a Comment