Sunday, October 17, 2010

Here comes midlife...

In a few days, I will be entering the dawn of midlife.

I’m turning 31.

And yes, I said midlife in the first sentence.

My apologies, I don't mean to sound morbid. All I'm saying is that if it were up to me, I'm perfectly fine with leaving this world at 70. (Or even, 65.)

It's not because I'm afraid of growing old. Nor is it because I'm afraid of growing old alone. Nope. The reasons are more of vanity and pride. Vanity. Gawd. Sagging skin, more stubborn fat, false teeth. Uhm, no thanks. Pride. The truth is I don't want either of my brothers worrying about how they (or who) will take care of Kuya Angelo. If they are to have families and kids, then that's what I want them to be busy with. And unless I have a hired personal nurse, I don't want anyone (even if he or she is a relative) have to worry about changing my adult diapers, or giving me a bath, or having to worry about being late for something because this old fart can't move at a faster pace. Haha!

On the other hand, I would love to see grandkids. Maybe my brothers'? Or if I'm to have a kid of my own, my kid's kids maybe?

We'll see. We'll see.

As usual, I'm thinking way ahead again. Jeez, I have really got to stop doing that. Hehe! Let's focus on the now.

Because, and I'm sure you'll agree with me on this one, what really matters is the now. Why live in the past and worry about the future when the now is happening, right?

As I turn 31 though, I'd like to write about some of the things from the past. There's a difference between living in the past and taking a glimpse of it every now and then. After all, it is these life experiences and decisions that have brought me to where I am now. It is these life experiences that will help me chart my future, in a way.

So, from today until my big day, I'll write about the things that matter beginning with work and "work."

I do know that these are just what's on top of my head right now, and most of them are from my life after UP. I do recall important memories prior to that, but it is really in UP and after that when I began figuring out things and started to really live and love...

No comments:

Post a Comment