Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Nag-t-Tagalog ka naman pala,eh...

Something funny happened on a recent night out with a colleague.

It was probably 2 in the morning. The place was packed. The music was blaring. My world was spinning. I made the huge mistake of downing Strong Ice, one after the other even if I know it makes me tipsy faster than usual.

But it was okay. I knew what was happening. I could still text (well, Tey and Monet would disagree). I saw Tauf from where I was. And I knew the guy in front of me sort of welcomed the chest that rubbed against his back. Haha!

I went out to go dancing and hung out with Tauf, so this was definitely a bonus. I was taller than the guy so I can see the screen of his phone when he was texting. I didn't understand a thing because what I saw were Chinese (?) characters. I'm pretty sure he wasn't Pinoy. Maybe Korean or Chinese. His friends don't look Pinoy either. And they talked in a language I didn't understand not because I was close to drunk but because it was really some foreign language. LOL!

Tauf was calling me, and I said, "Okay na ko dito." Hehe! I think I said it a little out loud.

So we danced, and minutes later, Strong Ice gave me the guts to brush my hand against his. And we ended up holding hands every so often. Hehe!

I had a nice surprise when he looked at me and said, "Sandali, ah. Lalabas lang muna ako. Mainit, eh." In perfect Filipino despite the accent. Hehe!

Okay, lesson learned. Wag kang assumptionista. Hehe!

You can never can tell when someone understands what the fudge you're saying. Haha!

1 comment:

  1. Good thing you didn't say anything in Filipino while assuming na di siya marunong! Haha

    ReplyDelete