Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Four birthday parties in one..















Ask any person living abroad and (almost) everyone will agree with this.

One of the best things about living in foreign land is having the opportunity to be friends with people of different backgrounds and nationalities.

Though I've been living in Singapore for just a little over year, I'm really glad to have met, aside from fellow Filipinos, quite a number of people from other races and nationalities who have sort of become friends.

One of the highlights of a recent weekend was attending the joint birthday celeb of four non-Pinoy (what's a better way of describing them? fellow Asians?) friends - E, Jase, Ken and Ho.

Ho and Jase are both Singaporean. Ken and E, on the other hand, are Indonesians.

I met Ken and E thanks to Ian who brought me with him to rowing on my first month here. Ho, I remember, I met when Ian and I attended the opening of E's exhibit with his classmates at La Salle. As for Jase, I met him last December when I joined the guys help E and Pg Boy move to a new place in the East. Hehe!

As I said earlier, the four guys decided to hold one celeb since they are June/July babies. Hehe! The guys booked a room at the Swissotel Merchant Hotel in Clarke Quay. The location was just perfect since everyone was coming from another event the night of the party.

Pg Boy and I had dindin with my friends Rich and Coly before heading to the venue for after-dinner drinks and hohol with the birthday boys and their guests.

What's the good thing about attending a party of multi-racial friends? You meet more people from other backgrounds. Hehe. As expected, the guests were mostly Indonesians and Singaporeans. There were a few Malaysians. I was the only Filipino. Pinas represent. Haha.

It was all good.

When you become friends with someone, the person just becomes a friend. You forget about their nationality, their race, their background. That's the nice thing about friendship, I guess.

It was quite a fun night. Close to 20 people were present, which I thought was just right since it gave everyone a chance to talk to everyone. I didn't get a buzz at all because I refrained from having too many glasses of wine. Plus, there was Pg Boy who was my alcohol police that night. Hehe!

Around midnight, the party feel was already in full swing so it was decided that the party should continue at one of the local dance clubs. Pg Boy and I chose to skip since we were both tired, and I've had my dose of tugs already thanks to Charles' DJ-ing. Haha!

Nice, nice hohol night.

Happy birthday, E, Jase, Ken and Ho!

4 comments:

  1. Hey it's nice to see that you're having fun even when you're abroad! Filipinos are indeed very friendly people and I'm proud that I'm one of them. Cheers man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for leaving a comment. :) Yep, yep. No reason not to have fun while living abroad. I'm grateful for this blessing, so definitely have to make it good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, sounds like a fun evening! :D Happy Birthday to them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heya, twas a fun evening! :) Thanks! Hope you had a great weekend as well!

    ReplyDelete