Monday, July 16, 2012

Brunch at Café Antonio...
























It was a typical Sunday morning.

Despite having gone to bed quite late, I still found myself awake at seven in the morning. Part of me thinks it sucks, because I definitely would like to sleep more. Part of me thinks it's great, because I get to do more things for the day.

On the other hand, Pg Boy still lay in bed sleeping like a baby. He always teases me for waking up very early. I always tease him for waking up much later than I do.

The different thing about this weekend was that we were in my room at my side of the island. After the trip to JB yesterday, I actually thought we would be heading back to the East after dindin last night. Pg Boy showed no signs of wanting to make the long travel. I was more than happy because a weekend like this rarely happens. Hehe!

Back to Sunday morning, I've mentioned in some of my previous blog posts that one of the things I look forward to on Sunday mornings is brunch.

So does Pg Boy. It's one of the things we share is late brunch, plus always wanting to try out new food places.

A few clicks on my Mac, and I was brought to the homepage of some of the brunch places in the Western side of the island. There were quite a few places I wanted to try and I thought this Sunday could be just right to do that.

I read more about the restaus. After reading not so good revs about option A, and after seeing how ridiculously priced option B was, the idea to just make the breakkie myself popped up.

Making a list in my mind of the things I wanted to prep, I rushed out of the house and headed to the grocery next door.

This is one of the things I love about my place. Ulu it may be (LOL), I'm still lucky to have found a home which is right next door to everything - grocery, QB house, Filipino food stall, 7-11, MRT station, Toast Box!!! Really, I would have to think several times before I move.

Anyway, I was glad that the grocery wasn't that packed yet. I grabbed the things that I needed, paid at the cashier and made my way back. I did a quick side trip to Toast Box to get Pg Boy's kopi and to get my kopi si.

Then, it was time to turn on the stove and get things going. Breakkie was certainly very easy to make. Thankfully, I think my landlord is also AJ so his kitchen is kinda complete with the pans and utensils needed. Hehe!

The breakkie turned out great. I'm glad that I still haven't lost whatever culinary skills I have stemming from my Kapampangan lineage. Pg Boy enjoyed it. I enjoyed it. I liked the conversation we had while enjoying breakkie. 

The best part? Probably when Pg Boy said, "I have to say you make a good breakfast."

This is what good Sunday mornings are made of, right?

Btw, it's Cafe Antonio because Antonio is my second name... hehehe...

2 comments:

  1. bongga! brunch din kami dyan sa kapihan mo ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keribels, Teh. Schedule lang. ;P Parang Manila to Tagaytay for brunch lang ang peg sa layo. Haha! :P

    ReplyDelete