Tuesday, July 17, 2012

What's your storey, second storey...













If there's one more thing I love about this country, it's how they are able to preserve the old... 

Check out the second storeys of these shophouses at Kandahar Street in Bugis.

Pg Boy and I were quite early for our dinner with his best friend, so I decided I'll drag him to the Haji lane area first. Besides, I wanted to know where Maison Ikkoku is. I've heard good things about the place, and it is on my brunch places-to-try list.

Upon reaching Kandahar Street, I quickly saw the row of shophouses and my eyes were drawn towards the second storeys. I'm just amazed with the detail and the design of each one.

There's a part of the second storey that can also be found in ancestral houses back in the Philippines. I've seen the element when we did a paper on old houses for a Humanities class a million years ago. Hehe!

Nice, huh?

I'm not sure if a lot of tourists get to see these treasures of Singapore. Go beyond the Merlion and the Esplanade.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angelo

    May I know where you did your crowining after you did your root canal treatment at dr wong ?

    Can you share the addresss and the name of the doctor who did your crown ?

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. :) The dental clinic I'm going to is Advance Dental Surgery.

    The address is 31A Jalan Sutera, Taman Sentosa, 80150 Johor Bahru, Malaysia. Phone number is +60 7-334 1339.

    You can take a cab from JB Sentral. It costs about RM11.

    You have to call way in advance for an appointment, because the dentists are so in demand. It's a good sign I guess.

    I missed my appointment last Saturday. The next available sched is September. :-/ The dentist who did the checkup is Dr. Tan. Young dentist, very nice.

    Crowning costs about RM700-900.

    Hope this helps. :)

    ReplyDelete