Friday, November 23, 2012

Checking out the H&M x Margiela collection...



I dropped by H&M over the weekend just to see if there were still any remaining H&M x Margiela pieces.

There were still a LOT!

I was really surprised to see that the collab wasn't that big of a hit as I thought it would be. This is Singapore! After the Marni and Versace collabs, I actually thought that everything will be sold out on the day the collab pieces went on sale.

But three days later after the Margielas went on sale and still, there were so many pieces available.

I was talking to my friend Jane about it and she felt that it was because of the price point. I have to agree. Compared to the previous collabs, the Margiela collection is probably the most expensive one (I think). Most of the pieces were SGD100/200 over.

Another reason could be the sizing. The women's dresses were obviously ang moh sizing. Asian women would probably need to chop off a few inches of the hem.

Or could it be because Margiela, like Comme des Garcons, is more of a cult brand? It has its own set of followers and the pieces are, not to sound snobbish, not really for everyone.
br/> PG Boy, for example, does not know Margiela. He only found out about him because of me. LOL! Although PG Boy is an exception. When we first met, he told me he actually thought Prada was a man. I almost fainted. Kidding. Hehe!

Going back, I did like the bags!!! Ugh, if I didn't have a moratorium on myself, I would've gotten the upside down bag as well as the tote bag. The pieces are in real leather so I think the prices were acceptable. Hehe!

Anyway, I only wanted this one bracelet but as I expected, it was already sold out. Boo!

As a souvenir, I just got the magnets. Haha! I also bought a set for my friend, I-van, because I know he will love it!

So far, H&M has been good in selecting its guest designers. I wonder who the next collab will be with.

I have yet to experience the queuing up overnight just to be ahead of everyone else. Haha! That should be fun!

2 comments:

  1. do they still have a lot of margiela stuff in singapore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, i went last thursday and there are still plenty of clothes and shoes, a few bags, too. very few accessories left.

    ReplyDelete