Thursday, November 29, 2012

Fan boy night...



As I mentioned in my previous post, I found God of Carnage great and what followed after the show even better.

Throughout the show, there were several laugh out loud moments. I wasn't sure how the play was going to be and I was a bit hesistant to watch it. (I'm more of a musicals guy than plays. Hehe!) But I was really, really glad to have watched the show because it was just good.

It was also great that I was able to score some good seats for PG Boy and me. This certainly helped in making the play more enjoyable for me, at least.

Adrian Pang was really gooood! I've seen him in Spring Awakening. And of course, I know him from his former TV series The Pupil. His performance for God of Carnage is one of my favorites. He was just perfect for the role. Haha!

And then there's Art, Menchu and Lea. It was definitely a proud night for Filipinos! Hehe! I'm not the most patriotic person in the world, but I was really proud of the three actors that night. Hehe!

There were a few people seated behind me and PG Boy who didn't even know that Lea Salonga is Filipino. Gasp! Haha!

Anyway, after the show, I managed to convince PG Boy that we stay behind and wait for the cast to come out. I saw in the FB of a friend's niece that she was able to have a photo with Lea and that gave me hope. Haha!

While most of the audience made their way out of the DBS Art Centre after the show, a handful of us stayed behind. Naturally, there were also a bunch of Filipinos. I was also pleasantly surprised to see friend Ivan who played Peter in the recently concluded musical Company.

We made an agreement that I would take his photo with Lea and he would take mine and PG Boy's. Hehe!

With that settled, we waited...

We weren't sure if they would come out. There were two exits from the venue and we weren't sure which exit they would take. While waiting, I asked PG Boy, Ivan and his friend that we move another area closer to one of the exits.

There were other people waiting, but I managed to get us into a strategic location. All those years of being public relations/corporate communications is paying off. Haha!

When I finally saw Lea and Menchu on their way down, I immediately got excited and waited for them to reach the ground level. Very quickly, I called out her name and asked for a photo. I quickly asked PG Boy to join. Next, I pushed Ivan and his friend towards Lea just to be sure they can get their photo before the rest of the crowd head to Lea and ask for a photo. Hehe!

Next was Menchu. I've seen her in Next to Normal and a bunch of other shows and I really like her. She's very pretty and very warm and friendly. PG Boy actually liked her as well because of that.

It was also quite easy to get a photo with Art because he was just standing outside the venue with his wife(?) and waiting for their ride I suppose.

Surprisingly, the one that I got sort of starstruck with was Adrian Pang. Hehe! I've always been wanting to have a photo with him. I've been wanting to tell him that I liked him in Spring Awakening and that I loved him in The Pupil. However, when the time came for the photo, all I did was to congratulate him and thank him for the photo. Hehe!

Still, it was an awesome night for me. PG Boy was very amused. LOL! It's his first time to see me in a fan boy mode. And he does know how crazy of a fan Filipinos can be. Hehe!

Definitely a happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment