Saturday, November 10, 2012

Lor mee and Argo...




Despite crashing at MkSurf8's couch at 4 in the morning, I still managed to wake up at friggin 7AM! Haha!

I dunno what it is about my body clock, but I'm happy that I can still operate even with just a few hours of sleep. While Chase, MkSurf8 and RKGreg were still in lalaland, I put some order on the couch I slept on, quietly washed my face and then left the flat as quietly as possible. Hehe!

When I got to the MRT station, I was so surprised to see that there were a lot of commuters. It was a Saturday. It was 7AM. Where were all these people going? Work? They certainly didn't look like they came from a night of partying. :S

Anyway, I reached home around 8. I put my clothes in the washing machine. I went back to my room and tried to sleep for an hour or two.

By 1030AM, I was on the road again. Haha! "We rest when we die," the motto of my best friend and I. From my faraway place, I took the train to the other side of the island to meet up with my nature walk/hiking buddy Mr. Lim. We planned to watch a movie. Initially, I thought it'll just be at VivoCity. This was great since it wasn't that far. But then he messaged that the tix he got were for i12 Katong. LOL!

Our first stop was the Old Airport Road Food Center, which is near Dakota MRT. I found Mr. Lim and then he asked me to get my lunch first. The Old Airport Road Food Center is quite popular for a number of things. I asked Mr. Lim what I should get and he recommended the lor mee from one of the stalls. It wasn't difficult to find the stall. I just looked for the one with a loooong queue and I knew that was it. No wonder it was popular. The lor mee was good. I just got the Medium bowl ($4) and it was good enough for me. For dessert, we bought banana fritters that sort of looked like turon. Hehe!

After lunch, we drove to i12 Katong to catch an early afternoon screening of Argo. I had no idea what the film is about, but I'm glad Mr. Lim suggested the movie. It's a very good one. I didn't even know this happened before, so it was also an impromptu history lesson for me. Haha!

Following the movie, I wanted to head back because I was really sleepy. Mr. Lim also had to head home because he had something going on that night (I think) and needed to power nap or something.

Relaxed Saturday. Wheee!

No comments:

Post a Comment