Monday, August 12, 2013

Flower power day... Hehe...






Sunday afternoon was spent at the Gardens by the Bay and a bit of the Marina Barrage thanks to Mr. Lim.

I was initially thinking of bringing Mom to the Botanic Gardens and probably, Dempsey. However, it was raining hard when we woke up in the morning. (I will say that there was a tiny part of me that was actually thankful for the rain because I'm sooo tired from all the walking these past few days. Haha!)

By the time we finished Mass though, Mr. Lim messaged to say that we can go to GBTB since the sky is starting to clear. I haven't been to the two domes at the GBTB and to be honest, I'm not too excited about it. I'm more into animals than plants. Hehe!

Having said that, I was quite surprised that I enjoyed the visit. I couldn't believe we spent two hours at the place. Haha! Between the Flower Dome and the Cloud Forest, I have to say that I had a better time at the latter. It felt like being transported to another place. Hehe!

Meanwhile, Mom enjoyed both but her favorite part was the Crystal Mountain at the Cloud Forest. She's so into the whole crystals and energies emanating from crystals thing. Hehe!

After GBTB, Mr. Lim drove us to the Marina Barrage for some more photo ops. I dun think I've really explored the Marina Barrage so I was happy we got to go there as well.

Dinner was at a Peranakan restaurant in Joo Chiat. PG Boy joined us for dinner. So, finally, he met Mom. Haha!

It was a good day!

The photos above are some of the flowers on display at the Flower Dome. All photos were taken with an iPhone 5. No filter used. The flowers are pretty enough that no manipulation is needed anymore. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment