Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Back-to-school/Farewell dinner for Lady G...





She would always be in black at the office. Outside of work though, she transforms into a whole other person. Hehe!

That's a quick way of describing colleague Gemma, who Alexie and Paula have christened as Lady G.

I'm not quite sure which one I like more. What I'm sure of though is that she is a friend and that she will be missed once she leaves for Europe in a month.

Last Thursday, we had an intimate farewell dinner for Lady G at Kinki, the Japanese restaurant/bar at Customs House.

With Lady G, it wasn't going to be any regular farewell dinner though. We were required to be in a school uniform. Hehe! Easy for me since I decided to go as a school boy from some boarding school. It was also an opportunity to wear the badge of my beloved primary school Lourdes School Quezon City! Woohoo! Hehe!

Alexie and Paula were also game for the whole thing and they came prepared. Hehe!

It wasn't surprising though that we got the look (well, more them than me... haha!) as we made our way to Kinki from Fullerton Bay.

Before you let your minds wander about the restau/bar, let me clear it up for you. Kinki is a province in the Hokkaido region. Why the restau/bar was named after it, I'm not so sure.

However, I can say that the food at the place was good and enjoyable. There is also a rooftop bar to enjoy the view the CBD and MBS areas while having a drink and chitchat with friends.

It was definitely a good Thursday night. It was definitely worth skipping the Club 21 Accessories Bazaar. Hehe!

Best of luck in Brussels, Lady G!

Kinki Restaurant + Bar
70 Collyer Quay #02-02
Customs House, Singapore 049323
T: +65 6533 3471 | F: +65 6533 3473
Web: www.kinki.com.sg

2 comments:

  1. i love Kinki! punta tayo ulit dyan. there's a great DJ spinning on weds or thurs. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, masaya nga siya, Teh! =) Lezz gow! =)

      Delete