Saturday, August 24, 2013

24 hours in Kuala Lumpur...



As previously mentioned, Mom's trip to Singapore included a side trip to Kuala Lumpur.

She was also asking about going to Indonesia, which sort of made me want to do cartwheels. I was like, "Ma, Southeast Asia concert tour, is it?" Haha!

Even if we wanted to, I still wouldn't be able to take her to Bintan or Batam because I couldn't take another leave day from work.

This is my nth trip to KL. Uhm, to be honest, it reminds me a lot of Manila. It doesn't excite me very much anymore because I usually just go to the same places every time.

I know KL has a lot more to offer. There are a number of brunch cafes I want to visit. But since I dun really know anyone from there to show me around and because I'm too much of a wuss to take the cab, I stick to what I know. Hehe!

This time though, I told myself I want to see something else besides the Petronas. Thanks to Google, I was able to find out about how to reach places I haven't been to.

I was thinking of bringing Mama to Batu Caves, but it might be too far and tiring for her. Hence, I decided that we should just stay in the city and go to places that I've also never been to.

We went to the Central Market (which I looooved!) and Petaling Street (which I didn't like at all! LOL!). We also went to Bukit Bintang where Lot 10, Starhill and Pavilion was. Lot 10 was bleh. I expected more. Pavilion was the complete opposite. I was like, "So this is where the good stuff is. Hehe!" On the second level, at the far end, the reason for friends Mon and I-van to visit Kuala Lumpur are located. LOL! Oh, I also saw the Petronas Towers at night for the first time and yes, I must say it's a glorious sight.

We also took the KL Monorail from KL Sentral to Bukit Bintang. It's a bit scary. LOL! I was telling PG Boy that I was wondering if it would fall over since the monorail tilts to the side. I'm glad I wasn't being too paranoid because he said he and a friend felt the same way. Hahaha!

Overall, it was a good trip. The other highlights were the foot reflexology and the nasi lemak. I don't think I want to see KL again anytime soon. But if it includes a trip to Pasar Seni aka the Central Market, why not? Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment