Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Sunday with the Martelinos...



Another highlight of the weekend was dinner with UP friends Ella and Gino and their little ball of sunshine, Soleil.

Ella messaged me on Facebook last Friday to say that the fam was in town for holiday and because Gino was going to watch the Metallica concert.

Ella told me they were at W and we can meet up there.

I replied, "Ella, that's already another country. Haha!"

The good thing was they moved to Mandarin Orchard last Sunday so we got to arrange a dinner. Hehe! (But even if they stayed at W, I would still make the trip just to see the couple and cutesy Soleil.)

We met up at Mandarin Gallery around 6. They wanted to have ramen so we queued at Ippudo. Unfortunately, the queue was taking so long so we moved to Jones. Hehe!

It wasn't really a dinner place. The dinner menu was very limited. No wonder there were a lot of vacant tables. Haha!

It wasn't so good for dinner. It was very, very good for catching up.

Though it was a short get-together, I'm still very glad to see Mr. and Mrs and baby. I didn't get to see them at all when I was in Manila since most of my activities were either in Makati or Manila (City) and the fam stayed in Quezon City.

For a lot (?) of people, their lifelong friendships were formed when they were in high school. Not for me. A lot of my long-time friends are from uni. That is why the uni days at Padre Faura have a special place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment