Saturday, August 10, 2013

Museum and Friends Day...





Today was museum day for Mom.

Started the day at the National Museum of Singapore. We joined the guided tour given by one of my fellow volunteers. Quite impressive collection, I must say. There were pieces by Rubens, Rembrandt, Raphael, to name a few.

Afterwards, we passed by Singapore Art Museum for a photo op. Hehe!

Concluded the day with a visit to the Peranakan Museum. Mr. Lim joined us at TPM. I have to say that TPM is really one of my favorite museums in the island. I am very interested in the heritage and the culture of the Peranakans.

Today was also a day for Mom to meet a few of my friends, old and new.

In the afternoon, we met up with Jean for lunch and chitchat. For dinner, we met up with Rich, Mon and Tipz at Swee Choon for dim sum galore. Mom has been wanting to try chicken feet so it was good that we headed to Swee Choon.

I was really happy that she got to meet some of my "family" here in Singapore. I invited Ian and I would've invited Chris and MkSurf8 but Ian had dinner plans while Chris and MkSurf8 are both overseas. Maybe next time.

Today was a good day. =)

5 comments:

  1. It does sound like a good time, quality time with mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. friend, glad that you were able to join. it's really great my mom got to meet my good friends here. :)

    let's do a catchup after she leaves? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sayang i missed it! ;) would have been great meeting Tita Morales ;)

    ReplyDelete