Sunday, December 8, 2013

Room viewing...



In one of my recent posts, I mentioned that I'm toying with the idea of moving closer to the city.

From a practical point of view, it makes a lot of sense. I'll be closer to PG Boy, I'll be closer to friends, and as Richie said, I wouldn't have to be rushing on night outs to catch the last train bound for my ulu place. Haha!

The thing is I am very, very, very comfortable at my current place. Wait, let me correct that -- at my current home. The place where I have been staying at for the past two years have become my home. Unless it's some condo in River Valley or one of those landed properties at Bukit Timah Road (hahahaha!), the thought of moving to another place, the thought of leaving the current home just scares me.

A room viewing yesterday reinforced my thought that I am at a good place. LOL!

Because there was nothing much happening during my volunteer shift, I decided to just check out the available places for rent at this one site. What's clear to me are three things: 1.) I don't want to pay more than what I'm paying for right now; 2.) I want a place close to the city; 3.) I want it to be an AJ-friendly place. Basically, transfer my current home and current living arrangements to Tiong Bahru or Commonwealth. Haha!

I found two ads that I thought were quite okay. I decided to give one of the ad posters a call and arranged for a viewing in the evening.

On my way to our meeting place, I was thinking, "Please give me a sign if this place is worth moving to."

Well, the guy arrived 30 minutes late. That was I guess the sign I was looking for. Haha!

When the guy finally arrived, I still went with him to check out the place. In the ad, it said that the place was a landed property. The three photos posted with the ad looked appealing as well. I asked about the other flatmates. The guy told me it was all guys - 2 Indonesian Chinese; 2 Malaysians; a Singaporean; a Vietnamese. It was quite an interesting mix I have to say.

I already had a Friends scene playing out in my head. Or maybe even, Queer as Folk. Haha.

That was until we arrived at the place. LOL! It wasn't a bungalow. It was a walkup apartment and the place was at the third storey. LOL!

And the place itself, let's just say that it would have been a perfect setting for a remake of Lino Brocka's Macho Dancer or Brillante Mendoza's Masahista. Hehe! I couldn't imagine paying the rent even though it was much cheaper than what I'm currently paying. No way, Teh. Hehe!

Anyway, I politely thanked the guy for showing me the place and left. Hehe.

I thought to myself on my way back that while my home is far away, it is a place I always look forward to coming home to. And as many of my friends here have said, that's the important thing.

So I guess I shall continue to stay here and maybe check out available places every so often.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. No rush. When you find the right place, you will know.

    ReplyDelete