Friday, December 6, 2013

Thank you, Mr. Mandela...



World leader Nelson Mandela passed away today.

That's probably the biggest news this week.

I remember one general assembly we had during my primary 3 or primary 4 days and it had something to do with apartheid. That was the first time I heard such a big word. Since I was still clueless about how evil the world can be (and how awesome it remains to be), I did not really fully understand it. I just knew that it was a bad thing.

On the way to work today, I was reading a couple of articles about the great man. He was and is indeed very inspiring. One of the articles I read described him as a man who would shake hands with everyone - from world dignitaries to the hotel staff, security, et al working at the hotel where an event he was attending was held. He was definitely my kind of guy, in this aspect.

There were several wonderful quotes attributed to him. Above is probably one that is most relevant at the moment.

Thank you for being a leader by example, Mr. Mandela. Rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment