Tuesday, December 10, 2013

PG Boy's birthday...





So last Sunday was the birthday of PG Boy…

Similar to his past two birthdays, I decided to surprise him by decorating his room. Thankfully, he has always been going on business trips days before his birthday. That would always give me time to prepare the birthday surprise.

This year, I thought of involving his friends and my friends in the surprise. Several weeks ago, I sent a message to his group of friends and asked them to send a photo of them holding a Happy Birthday sign. Of course, first to reply and send his photo was Derek. Haha! It’s so him. Following him was Nigel and that wasn’t a surprise, too. The rest of the people in the group sent their photos a few days/ a week later but I’m really happy to have gotten photos from them.

It was much more easier with my group of friends. Hehe! I sent a group to the SG-MNL group chat and they were very quick to respond. Rich, Edsel and Vic even sent a number of photos for me to choose from. These guys are not in the creative industry (well, Richie’s work still requires a lot of creativity) for nothing. I sent a request too to my other SG group chat and I was very happy to have received photos from them, too. My best friend Tey sent a photo from the US. My good friend Bernice who was on holiday in Manila also sent a photo. I feel so blessed to have really awesome friends!

A day before PG Boy’s birthday, I brought the photos to Sunshine Plaza to have them printed. I decided to go for A3 size to occupy the entire wall of PG Boy’s room.

In the evening, I headed to PG Boy’s place for the project. Unlike the old place where I have my own key and it’s easier to get into the house, PG Boy’s new place has a gate that needs a keycard. I dun have a keycard to the unit itself. But anyway, I was glad that Gav was more than willing to help me get into the house. I also asked for the help of Tipz to help me put up the posters. I’m glad that he was free to help out because it made the job easier. Thanks, Tipz! :D

Sunday afternoon. PG Boy and I arrive at his place from the airport. I was excited to see his reaction when he sees the photo wall. We enter the house. Gav was there doing his laundry. We chitchat quickly and then proceeded to his room. I let him go in first. He turns on the light.

The next thing that happened surprised me.

He did not notice the photo wall at all! Seriously!!! I had to nudge him to look at the wall and that’s when he saw it and we both just laughed out loud. How he could not have noticed the wall I have no idea. There was no way he could miss it. Sheesh! I thought it was really funny.

In the evening, I had a second surprise. PG Boy’s best friend picked us up around 5:30 and we drove to Bukit Timah Rd. I’ve been to Bukit Timah area a few times but it was my first time to drive around Old Holand Rd neighbourhood. It’s a different world! Lol! Think Forbes Park or Dasma!

Anyway, we went to Violet Oon’s Kitchen for PG Boy’s birthday dinner. I couldn’t decide on which buffet place to take him so I just decided to bring him to some special place instead. I thought it was a good choice. Violet Oon’s serves Peranakan food. Some of the reviews say that the food is overpriced. Maybe. But for the event itself, I thought it was just right. I enjoyed the dessert - Pulut Hitam with ice cream - very much!!! I can have a serving all to myself. Haha!

From Bukit Timah, PG Boy’s best friend dropped me off at Buona Vista station while they drove back to the East. The third surprise was when PG Boy got back to his place. I bought him a book on LKY which he said he wanted to read. I got at a very good price at a very good place. Will write about it next.

PG Boy was surprised to see the book. I hope he reads it. Hehe!

Happy birthday, PG Boy! Now, what should I do for your birthday next year?!

2 comments:

  1. ang lakas maka-eyegasm ng mga foods. anampucha...

    curious ako ano yung last picture na may vanila ice cream?

    Happy Birthday to PG Boy.

    ReplyDelete