Sunday, December 1, 2013

Busy Saturday...





Today was quite a busy day, but it was a very good one. LOL!

I woke up at 5AM (yes, at 5AM!) because I wanted to do a run through of my tour for the nth time. Though my tour was still scheduled for 2PM, I still went to the museum quite early. Why? So that I can do one more round and one more real walkthrough. Haha!

When the hour finally came, I was definitely prepared. I was still a bit nervous but it didn't take that long before I became much more comfortable.

I started my tour with a small group - 6 Singaporeans (a Malay couple with their two young boys; 2 Chinese uncles), 3 Indians (another couple and a toddler) and 1 Pakistani lady.

At some point, the tour became quite big (more than 15 people). And then, it was back to the original group of 10. Hehe!

It was quite okay, because the group was interested in the art pieces on display. The Singaporean uncles knew some of the artists. The Pakistani lady, a doctor who is here on holiday, was very much interested in arts. The boys of the Malay couple were also very much interested to learn about Singapore artists and art history. It was really quite nice seeing the boys very interested in arts at a very young age.

At the end of the tour, I was very happy to hear very good feedback from one of the Singaporean uncles and the Pakistani lady. They both said I was very good and that I knew my stuff. To be honest, I think I could have done better but I really appreciated the positive feedback.

In the evening, I went to the home of the family that first adopted me when I moved to Singapore - Mr. and Mrs. B. It was the baby shower for Mrs. B and I couldn’t miss it.

It was a fun baby shower.

I didn’t stay too long though because I had to head back to the NorthEast for an impromptu housewarming party at PG Boy’s new place. Hehe!

Happy Saturday indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment